What if I want to sell my system later?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YNOT2K

Reaction score
I am ready to start homebrewing. I absolutely will have an ebiab system. I will also have a heated and cooled conical fermenter. Why? Because that's what I want. :)

I'm looking at this stuff -

http://www.highgravitybrew.com/productcart/pc/BIAB-Electric-Brewing-System-p3987.htm

and

http://morebeer.com/products/14-gallon-conical-fermenter-heated-cooled.html

I know I can build these systems (all the info is right here on HBT), but buying a pre-built system has it's advantages as well. Yes, I know, it's expensive, but I have the money. I'm excited about brewing right now and I want to brew right away. Building a system takes time and effort. And more time. And more effort. (If what I read on here is true)

Here's are the questions -

If I do take the time to build the systems in the links above I will save money - but will that money be lost if I ever want to sell the system? Does a commercially built/bought system hold it's value better?

I haven't even started yet, so I don't know if I will want to continue brewing beer. I think I will, but, geez, who really knows.

I have a 4-tap Perlick commercial kegerator. I need to fill it with beer.

I look forward to your responses. Please hurry though, I want to start brewing very soon. :)

I think equipment holds it value pretty evenly through the hobby be it DIY or commercial bought. Generally the DIYers use the same equipment that the commercial guys use its only cheaper to us in parts over the commercial bought gear as its our time and effort put into making all the parts work happily with each other. So the equipment itself once built is pretty much the same cost as a commercial bought one in resale value anyway. Just my .02

My $0.02...

You build it yourself, you sell it on at cost.

You buy it, you sell it for what you can get. (How much would *you* pay?)

I wouldn't buy home made power electrics off anybody, except for parts. (Is that under warranty?)

Latest posts

Back