I messed up.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPhunk

Reaction score
Long story short, I brewed six months ago and finally got around to bottling last night. Priming sugar is in the wort along with some extra yeast to make up for the long primary. I can't find my capper. How bad would it.be to let it sit until monday night when I can run and get another one? I slapped an airlock just in case I can still save it

If you are in the U.S. you may not be able to get a capper Monday,most will be closed for Labor Day. If everything is sanitary I would not worry at all. You would need to reprime because the yeast will already went to work on what you put in.

Forgot about labor day. Do you think a full prime or less than before?

You should be fine as long as its sealed. The only thing I would worry about is the yeast will have already started eating the priming sugar so once you bottle you will have lower carbonation. But if you add sugar you might not know how much and get bottle bombs. I would give it an extra week to allow the yeast to eat that little bit of extra sugar and then readd the priming sugar when you bottle. You should be fine though as long as it was sealed from air for the six months and kept at a good temp.

Thanks for the answers. I'll go with the gravity reading to make sure. On a side note. It's not wise to let people borrow your brewing supplies.

Back