1/2" Silicone Hose Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks the same to me, probably the same manufacturer. I always try and check my local HW store, try and save a few bucks on shipping or whatever.

Isnt Bargain fittings like $5 flat shipping? It comes down to total cost, they are the same item. AHS is $8 shipping.

So, $3/$.10 is 30... if you are ordering under 30 feet, it is cheaper at BF. If you are getting more than 30 feet, it is cheaper at AHS

I use this hose from Brewmasters Warehouse and am pleased with it. Nice and sturdy stuff.

Really all depends on what else you need in the same order. Fill each cart and see what ends up being the lowest shipped price. All three vendors are well respected here.

Can't beat the five dollar shipping at bargainfittings.com...well maybe you could but they have excellent customer service and ship quickly.

from bargainfittings
"1/2" Inner Diameter X 3/4" Outer Diameter 1/8" Thick"
How is this possible. 1/2" ID and 3/4"OD wouldn't that be 1/4 thick?

Same tube I've bought it from both. You will not find this stuff at a big box HW store.
It all comes down to what other stuff you may or may not need when you place your order. Both AHS and BF are quick and professional.

You want the 3/4" OD, trust me... the other stuff has a tendency to kink easy.

Yes you will want the 3/4" OD. I made the mistake of ordering the 5/8 OD once, and I could not even sell it do to how easy it would kink, and how flimsy it was. The 3/4" OD is very nice and easy to work with.

Ed

100' is a lot of tubing. I bought 25' and have enough for my entire process with a few feet left over. I'd buy it from whichever brew supply store you intend to patronize, local or online and not try to beat every last penny out of every purchase.

I use this hose from Brewmasters Warehouse and am pleased with it. Nice and sturdy stuff.

Really all depends on what else you need in the same order. Fill each cart and see what ends up being the lowest shipped price. All three vendors are well respected here.

Ed,

Do you have a link for the 3/4" OD tubing?

This thing on?

Thanks Ed. I see you just changed the description to mention the OD now. I ordered some from you yesterday and just wanted peace of mind that I ordered the correct tube.

I understand. I never did sell the 5/8" OD tubing that I got in. It was not suitable for a pump, so I think I gave most of it away to folks that wanted it anyway.

Ed

I have some of the high temp silicone 1/2" tubing from BMW, very happy with it! Does not kink or even change shape/strength when you run boiling liquids through it. Great tubes!

Semi-zombie-thread time!!

...Anyway...

Has anyone seen the ebay silicone tubing for sale? I picked up a 50 foot roll of 1/2 ID, 7/8" OD (!) for $89 shipped in Nov 2008.

The 3/16" wall is definitely more rigid than the 1/2x3/4 tubing, but I may have to go with the 2/16" wall tubing as the absolute cheapest I've seen for the 3/16" wall tubing is around $300 for a 100' roll. :(

Semi-zombie-thread time!!

...Anyway...

Has anyone seen the ebay silicone tubing for sale? I picked up a 50 foot roll of 1/2 ID, 7/8" OD (!) for $89 shipped in Nov 2008.

The 3/16" wall is definitely more rigid than the 1/2x3/4 tubing, but I may have to go with the 2/16" wall tubing as the absolute cheapest I've seen for the 3/16" wall tubing is around $300 for a 100' roll. :(

The thicker the walling the better. I find the 7/8" OD to be the best value. They carry that at McMaster Carr.

It is expensive but well worth it because it can handle a vacuum and it is resistant to pinching in tight corners.

Back