how much co2 to carb a corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingPin

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to be starting in on my first batch of forced carb soda but i'm wondering how much CO2 it takes to complete the process. I have a smaller tank that I've been using for doing my 2L bottles for a while; it's not empty or anything but should I get a charge first before doing my korny?

King

Hello,

I am going to be starting in on my first batch of forced carb soda but i'm wondering how much CO2 it takes to complete the process. I have a smaller tank that I've been using for doing my 2L bottles for a while; it's not empty or anything but should I get a charge first before doing my korny?

King

You're going to carb up a 5 gallon keg? It doesn't take much gas, but I can't tell you how much for sure. One 5# tank tends to last me for about 5-7 5- gallon kegs, from force carbing to dispensing (assuming no leaks, of course!).

Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for. I should be able to do do a few up then. I missed out on canadian thanksgiving but i'll try for one for end of november. I'll let you know how it goes!! :ban: :fro:

You're going to carb up a 5 gallon keg? It doesn't take much gas, but I can't tell you how much for sure. One 5# tank tends to last me for about 5-7 5- gallon kegs, from force carbing to dispensing (assuming no leaks, of course!).

Back