First Brew Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopChef

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I wanted to see where my first beer was 1 week after bottling, so I grabbed one out of the bin, tossed it in the fridge this morning, poured it into a glass, and I just could not be happier! :D

The noise it made when I popped the cap was joy itself, that little hiss that says it's carbing up just fine. My ferm room has been a little cool, around 61-63 and I was worried it would carb slow or not at all.

So beer info: Brewer's Best PSA IPA kit, brewed 9/30, primary 1 week, racked to secondary for several weeks, dry hopped, cold crashed and bottled on 11/3. It's holding a nice small head and the clarity is really good. I know I'm probably going a little overboard, but I am just so happy about how this turned out. I can't wait to find out how this changes and develops over time. I bottled a Brewer's Best Imperial Blonde Ale, my second brew, at the same time, so now I have to see where it's at!

Hooked? Oh yea. :mug:

Congrats on your first brew...sounds like a winner! And trust me, the obsession only gets worse....in a good way! :)

Yep. This is the start of a long relationship between you and your future beer!
I'll bet after tasting that first beer you started getting new ideas in your head. What to brew, what to buy....

Let'em sit in the bin another 2-3 weeks. Then toss some in the fridge for a week. You'll be even more surprised.

Back