Pliny - hard to find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d510addict

Reaction score
I am from Portland Oregon and after a few months of trying to catch a bit of this stuff i finally did and it is awesom!!!!! But I don't understand why big time beer stores aka Johns market and Belmont station never had it. So tonight I strolled over to New seasons in Sellwood and what do ya know they were fully stocked with it.

Probably linked to the three-tier distribution system. That's what happens when you have a monopoly.

Probably linked to the three-tier distribution system. That's what happens when you have a monopoly.

No, Belmont station carries PTE, John's probably does too. The problem is it is never physically there when the OP goes in because someone already bought it.

I miss living on the left coast... Here its impossible to find. Still haven't seen it in the bottle in VA, but I found out I can get a keg of it from my local supplier.

Trying to find a bottle and if I like I will be adding to the rotation in the kegerator...

I've never seen a single Russian River beer in person. :(

Same goes with Three Floyd's and several other respected American microbreweries. We JUST got Founder's here and so far you can only get it in draft form.

I miss living on the left coast... Here its impossible to find. Still haven't seen it in the bottle in VA, but I found out I can get a keg of it from my local supplier.

Trying to find a bottle and if I like I will be adding to the rotation in the kegerator...

Remember to get a bottle that is fresh. 3 weeks at MOST. It is a whole different beer after a couple of months.

everyone forgets about RR blind pig IPA. I know Pliny is a amazing beer but man Blind Pig is a damn good IPA too. I have my interpretation of it on tap and it will be a repeat brew for sure and making 10+ gallons next time :)

everyone forgets about RR blind pig IPA. I know Pliny is a amazing beer but man Blind Pig is a damn good IPA too. I have my interpretation of it on tap and it will be a repeat brew for sure and making 10+ gallons next time :)

Blind Pig is awesome. I bought 4 bottles of Pliny this last weekend and I made it to the Brewery to have a pint & some Pizza. It seems to me that Pliny has changed, it didn't have that big nose on it that is usually does. It came off more bitter also than the normal huge hop flavor & aroma. Honestly I was kind of dissappointed with it. Hopefully my taste buds & nose are just messing with me. On the other hand I had some Supplication & Consecration, and those really slapped me in the face. Outstanding Sours.

Latest posts

Back