• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland 15 gallon thermoelectrically cooled conical project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvklein

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With most parts needed. The large aluminum heat syncs were custom CNC milled to fit sung. Wheels, thermowell, sampling valve, etc.

I'm into this for about $935.

$750 takes it all.

Here's a how-to on temp controlled conicals

http://conical-fermenter.com/wp-content/uploads/TemperatureControlledBuildSetup-download.pdf

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Just south of Baltimore. I'd be happy to meet half way. It's a Stout Tanks and Kettles conical. I've used it many times. Just finished a 10 gallon Quadrupel in it. The 1.5" TC tasting valve was an addon to their standard conical. Near the end of fermentation it's like drinking from a cask!

Wish I could get just those aluminum heat syncs! I just purchased a Stout fermenter and have been eyeing that same write-up you linked.

Would you be willing part out the temperature control bits? I've got the same conical and have been thinking about this for a bit. Where in Maryland? If you're near Baltimore, I'm up that way quite a bit and can pick them up.

Would you be willing part out the temperature control bits? I've got the same conical and have been thinking about this for a bit. Where in Maryland? If you're near Baltimore, I'm up that way quite a bit and can pick them up.

I could do that for $200 and will throw in a modified PC Power supply I used to test. The blocks are large enough to hold 2 peltiers & 2 fans each.

550 for the conical
125 for the thermoelectric parts (shipped) or 100 if you pick up

What say you bdkelly?

I'm cool with it if both are gone but without the conical the heat sinks are scrap metal.

Does the lid have a tc fitting to take the blow off tube off without taking the whole lid off. I'm interested and I have the same one and I got all the options. Just trying to fig out the diff with yours and mines. I'm north of Baltimore. Take me maybe am hour to get to bwi.

Does the lid have a tc fitting to take the blow off tube off without taking the whole lid off. I'm interested and I have the same one and I got all the options. Just trying to fig out the diff with yours and mines. I'm north of Baltimore. Take me maybe am hour to get to bwi.

It doesn't. I work in Baltimore and could meet you somewhere in between.

Ok..if I come to Baltimore and pick it up today will you take $475?

Back