Ebay Temperature Controller Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPatBrewer

Reaction score
I recently sent a temperature controller to a friend of mine. It is the same model as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Tem...953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337004d8e1

I have one that I use and wired his up the same way. Unfortunately, for some reason, his is having some problems. It wont read lower than 60s when wired into his fridge. A thermometer on the inside is reading in the 35-40 range. I am just trying to get to the bottom of it to help him out. If the wires from the probe that are wired into the controller ripped out, would it just read ambient temperature? Could this be the problem? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It has an NTC temp probe so it wouldn't be reading 60 degrees if it wasn't plugged in. What is the setpoint set too?

The low point is set to 36 which is what the other thermometer inside the fridge is reading. I am going to change it now to see if the factory control is just keeping it at that temp or if the controller is keeping it there and just reading wrong.

So it seems to be holding the temperature that I set on the controller but the readout on the controller is about 35 degrees high. Anyone have any ideas?

Latest posts

Back