where to get threaded couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
Where are people picking up there full and half couplers for there keggles? I would like to do weld in. what type of threads are standard for this sort of project.

And also i'm planning on using SABCO's false bottoms any other conciderations?

Ah yes i also finally found them at morebeer.com.

Has anyone thought of jbwelding fittings in until a competint welder is found?

If you're not going to weld then get weldless kits. I would not want JB weld to give out and spray me with hot wort. You could also try silver solder, do a search there is tons of info here. This is an other supplier of SS parts:
Bargain Fittings

I'm pretty sure they will not give out. But when i finally get the TIG up and running it may be hard to clean it up to bare metal again.

I'm 'assuming' you mean coupling...not coupler. Two different things in the plumbing world.

Here is a link to 316 stainless couplings for 1/2" ball valves:

McMaster-Carr

Mcmaster is a bit too pricy for plain old fittings but if you're already ordering from them for some other reason, go for it.

Buyfittingsonline.com is by far the cheapest. I'd recommend 1/2" full couplings for the bulkhead and then you'd want to look at what thermometer and/or sight glasses you might want require. By far the most common thermometer thread is 1/2" but there are others out there. If you used my sight glass, right now it would be 1/4" thread.

I wouldn't JB weld. I'd use a weldless setup before I did that. If you have a propane torch you can thread a MAPP gas tank on and pick up a silver solder kit (not at lowes or depot). It's not hard to do but if it's your first time soldering anything, it might be a little intimidating.

Back