Measurement request - Stout faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwbeard

Reaction score
Hey all-

So I'm building my keezer today, and want to be sure to drill the holes for the shanks such that there's enough room to put a pint glass under the faucets. Except I left my stout faucet at my apartment and won't have time to drive there to measure it. Brilliant, right?

Does anyone happen to know the distance between the spout of a stout faucet and the center of the shank attachment? Then I can just add that to the height of a pint glass and drill that far from the base of the collar... A thousand thanks in advance!

Thanks! Turns out I'd have to put the shanks almost at the very top, even with a 12" collar, to allow the drip tray to be flush with the base. I decided to put the drip tray part of the project off until another weekend, and build a descending attachment so that the shanks can be about 1/3 down from the top.

image-1325517952.jpg
(drilling in progress - easily the hardest part of the whole project)

My holes for the shanks are 12" above the wood and 11.25" above the drip tray. The tip of the stout faucet is 8" above the drip tray. A pint glass is about 6".

Back