What are some great session beer kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenFields

Reaction score
What are some great, fast session beer extract kits to have in your pipeline while waiting for your other beers?

Brewer's best red ale is a great, simple kit IMO, although make sure to get a decent yeast, I can't remember what it comes with. It was my first beer ever and it was awesome.

Im giving this one a bump.

Im just looking for some good easy fast kits to make while I wait for my other beers to finish. Something that tastes good but doesnt take a long time to make.

Hefe's peak very quickly. Even if bottle conditioned they'll be good in under a month. I don't know if you'd consider it a session beer but I know I like to put them away.

Hefe's peak very quickly. Even if bottle conditioned they'll be good in under a month. I don't know if you'd consider it a session beer but I know I like to put them away.

Actually, I brewed a Hefe kit last night. It was the Hank's Hefe from Midwest.
This thing took off like a rocket. Big head of Krausen and airlock bubbling like crazy in just 4 hours from pitching!!!

I've had the AHS session Amber and Brown, and both were excellent. All my friends were big fans, and it as a nice, simple, easy to make beer that tasted good.

+1 to Austin Homebrew Supply Kits. They can't be beat, and the selection is pretty awesome.

Nothern Brewer's Patersbier is one of my favorites so far.

I ordered one yesterday. The profile just spoke to me. It said..."Make me yours!":rockin:

OG: 1047 / Ready: 6 weeks

Stan Hieronymus (author of Brew Like a Monk) and our own Kristen England (BJCP Continuing Education Director) bring you this very special kit. "Brouwerij'ed" on the left side of the Belgian town Malle solely for consumption by the reverent Cistercian brothers. This ale is not served or sold to the public, making it one of the rarest beers in the world. Made only from pilsner malt, hops, and yeast, the complexity that results from these simple ingredients is staggering: perfumey floral hops, ripe pear fruit, sour apple, spicy cloves, candied citrus and a slight biscuit character on the drying finish ... a monks' session beer.

Note: If you wish to achieve a level of carbonation similar to the commercial examples of this beer, add an additional 1 to 2 oz plain table sugar to the priming solution.

good choice maddvibe. I am drinking NB's Patersbier right now and I am very pleased with the results. one of my favorite beers so far. reminds me of a fruitier, tangier Witbier , but without the orange flavoring and much better flavors on the palate.

Back