Anheuser Busch ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good chance inBev is going to buy out Bud. I guess Anheuser's market share is starting to shrink as more people are drinking micro, imports and wine. InBev (formerly known as interbrew) makes a good portion of the imports and wth it's 20% market share makes more money than Anheuser with it's 50% market share.

It will probably be a good thing. While inBev mainstreamed slightly some of the imports over the years, they will likely release a number of Euorpean style beers thorugh the Anheuser breweries if this take over goes through.

I just hope their combined marleting power doesn't start to hit the micros in the pocket. Inbev's contract to brew/market Bud in Canada in 98 turned bud from last to first place in number of beers sold in Canada.

It's no longer a good chance. It was just announced today.

http://www.globalbeerleader.com/press_july_13_2008.html

You may not like BMC, but this is a HUGE development in the beer world regardless.

ya know i read this thread and i just have to comment. didnt some of those countries create laws that created a definition to prevent importation of outside beers? also the analogy of the 500 buck expresso machine? well alton brown shows you how to brew and expresso machine and which one to buy for well under 500 bucks. check out [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nbqE3Npk13k[/ame]. and [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RS6rveFmgTo&feature=related[/ame]
anyway some people think they need to spend money for something to be great and if you dont spend high dollars its crap. i love my bud light. specially after workout outside in the heat. i mean who wants a warm thick oatmeal stout after working in 90+ heat with 80* humidity? and yes id rather drink the bud light because i can drink it and not get completely tore up and not get anything done.

sorry wrong about the importing but it was ment for something other then defining what a beer was initally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

It's no longer a good chance. It was just announced today.

http://www.globalbeerleader.com/press_july_13_2008.html

You may not like BMC, but this is a HUGE development in the beer world regardless.

And in other news, I saw this poll on CNN, it is good to know that at least a majority of CNN readers don't drink Bud.

Picture 2.png

It wouldn't surprise me though that in the short-term once the average drinker finds out about this we might be saying MC for a while.

I don't know, I don't necessarily advocate drinking these beers...but for whatever reason it's slightly disappointing to me just because I don't want to see an American icon fall into foreign hands...I'm just wondering how it could change the price of the BMC beers as a whole.

Here is the one thing i found really interesting about Inbev....

Despite more than 600 years of brewing beer in Belgium, InBev is more rootless. Although based in Leuven, Belgium, it is run by a Brazilian management team and sells most of its beer outside Europe.
It owns a massive portfolio of local brands from Siberia to Argentina that rarely travel. InBev has only recently started to push its two best-known brands — Stella Artois and Beck's — more widely.

The market seems worried about the "Budification" of the beer world. Since its Inbev buying AB AND NOT AB buying InBev...maybe we will get a better, more German like Bud from the AB...Here's to "Spatenization" of Bud!

Hopboy

Things wont' change much at all for Bud (the beer). Perhaps the most important thing to realize is that there is now a better chance for you to find REAL beer at that store/rest. who now only sells thin, pale, pee water. Think about it.

InBev can more easily distribute their other, maybe foreign, beer to places serving Bud in America. If they screw with Bud's recipe they risk people here dropping Bud and switching to some other nearly tasteless American Style Light. There is no shortage of that crap out there.

Things wont' change much at all for Bud (the beer). Perhaps the most important thing to realize is that there is now a better chance for you to find REAL beer at that store/rest. who now only sells thin, pale, pee water. Think about it.

InBev can more easily distribute their other, maybe foreign, beer to places serving Bud in America. If they screw with Bud's recipe they risk people here dropping Bud and switching to some other nearly tasteless American Style Light. There is no shortage of that crap out there.

Yep. I don't imagine anything will change in the slightest degree that is at all noticeable. AB was bought out because they CAN sell beer, not because the can't

AB was bought because the dollar is cheap.
Coors and Molsen merged last year and it looks like Coors is on top. Coors and Miller are merging and the headquarters will be in Chicago and not in beer town or Golden , CO.
Coors will brew Miller in Golden BUT Coors "Banquet Brand" can only be brewed in Golden, Co because of the water...that good water from the Rockies.

Hopefully, the Belgians show those in St. Louis how to brew a good beer.
Hopboy

Coors are owned by Molson's I believe. Miller by South African Breweries

Yes and No, I admit I'm confused by it all.
Miller Brewing (owned by the London based holding company SAB Miller) and Coors Brewing (Owned by the Canadian firm Molson Coors) have merged their operations to become Miller Coors with each of the parent companies holding a 50% stake in the new venture.

Craig

Back