My First Attempt at a Single Tier Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26thStBrewery

Reaction score
Needed to post these pictures of the stand I just finished. I just got done testing the burners, controllers & pumps. Everything went great, I'm now waiting for my grain grinder & grain to arrive to get started.
Any input on faults or improvements will be welcome, Thank you

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Looks really clean. I like how you did the wires in the frame. Do you mind giving me a little info on your control box? Make and model? I need to upgrade mine in the near future. Also I have my pump heads rotated so the inlet is facing down and the outlet is facing up. Might not help cause I noticed your mounts will be in the way but if you have any issues with keeping a prime, remember that.

Dude, I would be making sound effects every time I flipped one of those switches. That's just bad ass.

Also I have my pump heads rotated so the inlet is facing down and the outlet is facing up. Might not help cause I noticed your mounts will be in the way but if you have any issues with keeping a prime, remember that.

+1, I was thinking just the same looking at your NICE build. A nice one, good job there!

First of all it looks great. And that is what I'm currently loooking to build, just starting to collect some of the parts. Is there any way you could post the wiring diagram of the control panel?

The panel is obscene. I think that will be the most requested info on this thread and;
1) How did you build it?
2) Where did you get the parts from
3) Do you have a wiring diagram for it?
4) Do you have a step by step build or are you going to start a thread?
5) Where are the switches for the afterburners and re-entry Rockets?

You did a great job and I am certainly not one to offer critism when one builds a work of Art. But, I think you should put a wing or cover over the top of your pumps to keep water from dropping on top of them from a lose hose or a mistake that is bound to happen sooner or later. I see Bobby M written all over your build from the great site glass you have, the keggles and great polish job, down to the Sierra Pick up truck. Nice Job...

Is that a Jeweled finish on the control panel? Looks like the finish on the bolt on my Rem. 700's.

Well done. those gas valves look very nice. They appear to incorporate the pilot gas line, safety shutoff thermocouple, and NC solenoid for PID control, all right there in one package. When i built mine it used a Baso safety pilot valve in series with an asco... but the baso broke after a couple of weeks, so now just a Tee for the pilot line. Please tell me where these gas valves came from. NG or LP?

Good job running the control lines through the frame, should really make for smooth operation on brew day. No routing hoses around wires. Clean

+1 on a hot water deflector above those pumps. an occasional stream of liquids is bound to fall at some point.

Back