Alabama Celebration Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashe

Reaction score
I have been thinking about brewing something this weekend in celebration of Gov Riley signing the free the hops bill. I was thinking about doing a barley wine or an iipa and shoot for an abv of 13.9%. Anyone else in AL planning on doing this?

I just got a 55lb bag of MO. I will certainly brew something to commemorate this day.
The Hops Are Free! Now if only they weren't so expensive.

Here's my stab at an IIPA:

Gov Riley IIPA

11.0 lbs MO
2.0 lbs Vienna
1.0 lbs Honey Malt
.50 lbs Cara-Pils
1.0 lbs Corn Sugar

1.0 oz Chinook @ 60min
1.0 oz Chinook @ 30min
1.0 oz Simcoe @ 20min
1.0 oz Centennial @ FWH
1.0 oz Centennial @ 15min
1.0 oz Centennial @ 10mins

Dry Hop 2.0 oz Centennial.

OG: 1.085
FG: 1.022
IBU's: 120.7

I think I'll be brewing a skull splitter wee heavy clone then I will buy a bottle when its available to see how close I came.

I kegged an extra pale ale a couple days ago, does that count? :) This may be the hoppiest beer I've had in awhile, second only to auburn ale house's hop dragon, which tastes like you put a fistful of hops into a blender with some 'normal' IPA.

war eagle!

I kegged an extra pale ale a couple days ago, does that count? :) This may be the hoppiest beer I've had in awhile, second only to auburn ale house's hop dragon, which tastes like you put a fistful of hops into a blender with some 'normal' IPA.

war eagle!

I haven't been to the Auburn Ale House yet, but I look forward to. War Eagle!

I just brewed a Brewtopia IPA about 7.5% i think i will consider thisw my celebration ale! So glad it passed... when will it go into effect?

Should see new brews showing up as soon as next week here in The Ham. I've heard several times that Supreme Beverage had a warehouse full of stuff to be delivered in anticipation.

HAPPY FOR YA'LL

once again, mississippi is last - i live here, i can say it in good conscience........................a beer desert.

gator

Went ahead and made a quick label for the Celebration...

rileyboots.jpg.jpeg

I bottled a honey weizen just before he signed the bill. It's finished at just over 6% ABV, so I guess that'll have to do.

For what it's worth, that wasn't my target ABV...think I fermented too high (temp). I was aiming more in the 5.6-5.7 area. Oh well, a few esters and fusels never hurt anyone.

Latest posts

Back