Gathering in SE PA / SW NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

Reaction score
Fellow HBTers,

Flyangler18 and I are planning a small, impromptu gathering on Saturday, 24th or Sunday the 25th of January 2009 at The Ship Inn in Milford, NJ. The Ship Inn is NJ's first brewpub, and brews as fine a pint of real ale as can be found this side of the pond.

Comment here if you're within range and willing! The more the merrier!

Bob

SWMBO and I will be in Philly for a show on the 24th, so we'll be looking at something late evening; we're certainly up for anything!

Jason

Close enough you can drag yourself home by your lips!
Sounds painful! Might be better off bring along wife as designated driver.:D

Haven’t been to Ship Inn for about a year. Our chiropractor is right up the road, so we used to stop there after appointments. After a few consecutive experiences with them having limited house beers and bad service we stopped going. We use to enjoy going there; so will be up for giving them another chance. What experience have you had there?

Jason, do you have an idea of what time you’ll be able to make it up there? Anything exciting going on in Philly that day?

Look forward to the meeting.
Herm

Herm,

It's been a few months since I've been there. While I've encountered low house beer before, I've never experienced bad service. I'll call them and find out what's on draught and all that - or maybe I'll just stop in! :)

Bob

Jason, do you have an idea of what time you’ll be able to make it up there? Anything exciting going on in Philly that day?

Lisa and I will be in Philly for a show; seeing Ira Glass at 7:00. As such, I'd estimate an arrival at the Ship Inn around 10:00 that evening. If that's too late for everyone, perhaps a Sunday lunch might be more apropo.

We have commitments earlier on Saturday, so an earlier meeting is unfortunately impossible.

Jason

So you're going to be in the city for Ira then you're going to drive out to the sticks to hit the ship, bypassing the numerous world class beer destinations right there in center city?

So you're going to be in the city for Ira then you're going to drive out to the sticks to hit the ship, bypassing the numerous world class beer destinations right there in center city?

Hardly! My family is in Mt. Laurel, so I know quite a few Center City destinations rather well.

As I recall, Saturday night might possibly be a bit too crowded for anything less than expert dart-throwing. I can just see some poor shlub at the end of the bar complaining due to the extremely sharp implement embedded in his medulla oblongata. :eek:

If darts are important, Sunday brunch is a far better choice!

I'm game for either.

Bob

The more I think on this, the more attractive Sunday looks.

Now quick, someone hold me to that before I change my bloody mind again! :D

Signed,
The Waffling Beagle.

Do let's.

I will ring them up the week before and at least let them know we're coming.

Again, that's Sunday the 25th of January 2009. So far, we've gots:

Bob & Kass
Jason (Flyangler18) & Lisa
Herm (AnOldUr) & SWMBO (name unknown or I'd use it)
Steve da Lustreking
Chris "Mr" Bowen

Anyone else?

It is indeed Sunday; shall we plan for a noon meeting- just as they open?
Thought this could use a bump for potential newcomers.

Sunday’s long run day and the wife (Jean for the previous post ref) is looking for extra miles. My priorities would be leaning more toward the beer, but she puts up with brewing. This could get us there a little late, depending on trail conditions, but we’ll be thirsty and hungry, so save us some brew!

Thought this could use a bump for potential newcomers.

Sunday’s long run day and the wife (Jean for the previous post ref) is looking for extra miles. My priorities would be leaning more toward the beer, but she puts up with brewing. This could get us there a little late, depending on trail conditions, but we’ll be thirsty and hungry, so save us some brew!

I don't believe that will be a problem, Herm! Looking forward to seeing you and Jean again.

Jason

Tragedy! My wife's got flu, and I'm coming down with it. I refuse to infect my brewing friends, so we ain't comin'.

God, I hope y'all read this...thankfully I can call Jason.

Dammit dammit dammit! >:-(

Aww, you could have shared your germs. After all, won’t drinking enough beer keep us all safe?

Jean and I didn’t get home until noon, jumped in the shower and are just now heading out the door (12:30). Hope someone’s there when we show up.

Feel better!

Lisa and I just returned from our travels (made it home in 3 hours on the nose!); we had a great time!

I'll be posting some pictures of the brewery here shortly. The open fermenters were just awesome.

I'm really, really bummed I couldn't make it. Illness sucketh mightily.

Who turned up, Jason?

The roster was:

Steve (lustreking)
Chris (mrbowenz)
Herm and Jean (Anoldur)
Myself and Lisa (Flyangler18)

I agree, illness sucketh mightily! I've feeling a slight sniffle coming on myself.
:(

Thank-you guys for organizing this. It was good to see some old faces and meet Chris. Hope we can do it again and bring in some more people (just not during flu season.)

Thank you for coming out, it was nice to meet my first HBT'rs, the beer was pretty good and the Shepard’s Pie didn't stand a chance against my road trip-induced appetite. I was a pleasure to meet such fine people.

Latest posts

Back