• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Brew Stand & Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a100700

Reaction score
I'm located in Boston and looking to pick up a used brew stand (preferably 2 or 3 tiered) and a 15 gallon Fermenter. Can't seem to find anything that's close by or that I can reasonably have shipped

To be honest I'm open to either but I would prefer a conical

I don't have a stand, but you could just pick up a 1/2bbl sanke keg and use that to ferment in. You have at least a few options on how to get the airlock attached, depending on how much you're willing to spend. There's a guy in Chelmsford, MA that sells legit sanke kegs at a reasonable rate (so no shipping if you have a vehicle). I've purchased a few from him so far.

BTW, I use tall/slim 1/4bbl kegs to ferment my beers and 1/6bbl kegs to ferment my meads (and other things). You'll spend far less than what a conical runs this way. I also have a 50L (13.3 gallons) sanke keg that I've also adapted to be used as a fermenter. When I'm ready to go closer to 15 gallon batch size I'll probably just use a 1/2bbl sanke keg fermenter.

If you are dead set on a conical there is a fellow in PA that sells 12.5 gallon ones on ebay for around $400 delivered. They look to be the exact same ones as stout tanks sells.

Thanks guys I will look into both. Do you have the contact info for the guy in Chelmsford?

Back