What breweries have you toured/visited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMalty

Reaction score
Brewpubs don't count.....unless you actually got a tour of their onsite operation.

I hope to add to my list greatly within the next 5-6 yrs:

Yeungling, Pottsville PA
Heavy Seas, Baltimore MD
Flying Dog, Frederick MD
Outer Banks Brewing Station, Kill Devil Hills NC

Next on my hitlist:
Dogfish Head
Forham/Evolution
Troegs
Lancaster Brewing
Harpoon
Brewers Art
Brewers Alley

I don't remember them all, but some of my favorites have been:

Lakefront- Milwaukee
Hoppin' Frog- Akron, OH
Surly- Minneapolis

I liked Summit also (in Minneapolis) because I loved seeing their German copper clad equipment and their awesome lab.

I just did my first at Big Boss brewery in raleigh NC. In may me and three friends are staying in Asheville NC for four days just to enjoy their beer scene, so after that I plain on adding at least four onto the list.

Thomas Hooker in CT, Alagash in ME, Smuttynose and Throwback in NH, Newport Storm in RI. I know there've been others, but they escape me at the moment.

I've been to Hooker a couple times and seen some changes they've made to their facility over the past few years, which has been cool. The big boys are constantly upgrading their stuff too!

I plan to visit Smutty again in a couple years when they open their new facility, just to see how much different it is, while seeing the difference in Smutty (an established regional brewery that's pretty much outgrown its current facility) and Throwback (a nano just hitting its stride) in a single afternoon was pretty dang cool!

Westbrook- Charleston, SC
NoDa- Charlotte, NC
Sweetwater- Atlanta, GA
Good People- Birmingham, AL
Avondale- Birmingham, AL

All cool places to check out

Dogfish, River Horse, Kane, Carton, Cape May, New Belgium, Funkwerks, Avery, Odells, Left Hand, Golden City and Wynkoop.

st. george-hampton va
beach brewing-va beach
williamsburg alewerk-williamsburg va
thats all i dont get away from the area very much.

Miller Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
Pabst Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
Schlitz Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
New Glarus Brewery, New Glarus, WI

The first three...several times. In New Glarus, we toured the old brewery; Dan and Deb had just started using the new brewery at that time. Gotta go back up there and tour the new one! And bring back several sixer's of New Glarus beer!

glenn514:mug:

Miller Brewery in Milwaukee (had to deal with some 19-20 year old college kids who, for some strange reason, thought they'd get beer at the end.)

Williamsburg Alewerks, Williamsburg, VA

Miller Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
Pabst Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
Schlitz Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
New Glarus Brewery, New Glarus, WI

The first three...several times. In New Glarus, we toured the old brewery; Dan and Deb had just started using the new brewery at that time. Gotta go back up there and tour the new one! And bring back several sixer's of New Glarus beer!

glenn514:mug:

Done Miller several times and Pabst once about 25 years ago.Was just
wonderin` when you went to Schlitz.

Miller Brewery in Milwaukee (had to deal with some 19-20 year old college kids who, for some strange reason, thought they'd get beer at the end.)

Williamsburg Alewerks, Williamsburg, VA

lol! what happened when they got denied??

I've actually never done the miller tour. Probably should. I did the Pabst with my family when I was maybe 10 or so - we all went on it because it was my grandpa's last day. Otherwise:

Lakefront
Sprecher
Ale Asylum
Capital Brewing

No Label, Katy.
Saint Arnold, Houston.
Karbach, Houston.
Budweiser, Houston.
Thirsty Planet, Austin.
Jester King, Austin.
Southern Star, Conroe.

Stone Brewing Co. - Escondido, CA
Mother Earth Brewing Co. - Vista, CA
Green Flash - Vista, CA
Lost Abby - San Marcos, CA

And a few others around northern San Diego county. We have hundreds of micro breweries here 😂

Captain Lawrence in Elmsford NY "NEW" location just opened last month.

NO shortage of samples too.

I plan on doing Dogfish this spring and hope to do Brooklyn brewery soon.

I stayed near Heineken for 3 weeks in Amsterdam and didn't tour. Kick myself for that. Back in 90's.

Went to Dublin and didn't tour Guinness. Kick.

I did visit an altbier brewery recently in Dusseldorf (Germany). That was a ball.

Heineken - Amsterdam
Sweetwater - Atlanta
Red Brick - Atlanta

It's a start, hope to hit more soon

In Pa - Weyerbacher, Yuengling,
In NJ - JJ Biddings
In MASS - Buzzards bay brewing, Sam Adams, Harpoon, Blue Hills Brewery, Cape Cod Brewery, Fishermen's, Just Beer, Wachussett, Nashoba Valley
In RI - Coddington's, Coastal Extreme Brewing
In Maine - SeaDog, Shipyard
In VT - Wolavers, Otter Creek, Magic Hat, Long trail

20 so far - Plan on hitting a few in NH this week while on Vacation up there.

New Belgium-the best tour of them all!
Odells, Ft Collins, CO
Fort Collins, Ft Collins, CO
Avery, Boulder, CO
Flying Dog in Denver before it moved to MD
Great Divide, Denver, CO
Copper Kettle, Denver, CO
Coors-Golden, CO
Anhieser Busch, Ft Collins, CO
Uinta, UT
Renegade, Denver, CO

brewed at:
Bell's/Kalamazoo Brewing co, K-zoo MI
Bosco's, Memphis, TN
Rogue, Newport, Oregon
Breckenridge, 2 Denver, CO locations, Birmingham, AL and Memphis, TN
Magic City, Birmingham, AL
Port City, Mobile, AL
Lexington City, Lexington, KY
Little Star/Mad Monk, Birmingham, AL

visited:
Some place whose name I don't recall, was in a converted bus station, Memphis, TN
Umpqua, Roseburg, OR
Red Mountain, Birmingham, AL (Little Star mentioned above would take over from them)
Wild Duck, Eugene, OR
McMenamin's Lighthouse, Lincoln City, OR
Wynkoop, Denver, CO
Great Divide, Denver, CO
Southside Cellars, Birmingham, AL
A/B, Tampa, Florida
Glenwood Canyon, Glenwood, CO
Kannah Creek, Grand Junction, CO
Some place whose name I don't recall, somewhere just east of Grand Junction, CO
The Ram, Salem, OR
McMenamin's, Salem OR
some other McMenamin's somewhere close to Portland, OR
Fearless Brewing CO, Estacada, OR
Big River, Chattanooga, TN
Smokey Mountain Brewery, Gatlinburg, TN

I may be forgetting some...

Why don't brewpubs count? Some of the best beers I've ever had were at brewpubs.

I have all my brewery/brewpub/distillery/winery trips plotted on my Google Earth. I've been to 57 as of last week's trip to Vermont. I don't really tour them anymore because they're all pretty much the same. All I care about now is tasting the beer!

Sprecher- Milwaukee
Minhas- Monroe, WI
Miller Brewing Company- Milwaukee, WI
Leinenkugel's- Chippewa Falls, WI
New Glarus (the old one)-New Glarus, WI
Point Brewing Company-Stevens Point, WI
Brewery Ommegang- Cooperstown, NY

Why don't brewpubs count? Some of the best beers I've ever had were at brewpubs.

They DO count, if you have actually toured the production area. If all you did was walk in and have a beer, then they don't count. At least that is how I understood it from the OP

I've pretty much have only been to Three Floyds, before it was a brewpub. You just walked into the warehouse and they had the tanks and everything right there with a little window to sell you draft and bottled beer. I was there for the 04 Dark Lord release. Only about 10 or 15 people were there. Kinda crazy how huge it is now.

St Arnold's - Houston, TX
Freetail - San Antonio TX
Redhook - Seattle WA
Fredericksburg brewing co - Fredericksburg, TX

Schlafly -- St. Louis Mo
Budweiser -- St. Louis Mo
Caldonian -- Edinburgh Scotland
Guinness -- Dublin Ireland
Paulaner -- Munich Gernmany
Hofbrauhaus -- Munich Germany

Yeungling, Tampa FL

It was a pretty cool tour. Very friendly, I felt like they were family by the end of the tour. A few people on the tour took advantage of the friendliness and got behind the bar and started pouring beer on their own. Besides that the staff was nice enough to let us try a batch of the Octoberfest that was mightly delicious. The girl that did the tour was pretty cute too :D

Hmm, just tours then I'm pretty sure this is the list:

Magic Hat, VT
New Belgium, CO
Jack Daniel's, TN
The Alchemist, VT
Captain Lawrence, NY
Brooklyn Brewery, NY
Ommegang, NY
Cooperstown, NY
Frog and Onion, Bermuda (hung out with the brewer for WAY too long)
Kodiak Brewery, AK

While I was stationed in England, I went on a tour of Arkell's brewery, they offer 2 tours, the long tour and the beer drinker's tour. I opted for the beer drinker's. You fill up a pint glass, take the tour and go back to the "tap room" for a full buffet and all the beer you can drink. It was awesome!

Trailhead Brewing Co. - St. Charles, MO
Guinness - Dublin, Ireland
Great Basin Brewing Co. - Reno, NV
High Sierra Brewing Co. - Carson City, NV
Sierra Nevada - Chico, CA
Russian River - Santa Rosa, CA (1st Pliny I ever had)
Lagunitas - Petaluma, CA

Guinness is the only one I've really toured. The others have mostly been a meal and a couple beers.

Yuengling - Pottsville, PA
Dogfish Head - Milton, DE
Heavy Seas/Clipper City - Baltimore, MD
Baying Hound - Rockville, MD

next up...
Guinness - Dublin, Ireland

Went to Busch when i was very young, since then i have been to Yuengling in PA, Yazoo in TN (best one yet) and Hooker in my back yard basically in CT.

Also went to the Jameson factory in Ireland and the Bacardi factory in Peurto Rico! :)

I love doing tours of these places.

Back