Who wants a DE Brewday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madman

Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting up a brewday in DE as a companion to the MD one. I think it would be good to see some of the lower DE, PA, and NJ folks someday, and I think something a little closer to them may draw some of you out!

So, let's start talking about it! For a location, I have a large back deck, and also a carport is if rains that day. Who wants in, and what would be a good date for it? :mug:

I'd do it if it were a little closer to the south. With a 5 month old baby, it's hard enough for me to keep peace with the ol' wife-a-rooni on my own brew days, much less driving 1.5 hours north for the day. ;)

Hell, we could do it at my house (near Milton). I should be all finished with my backyard man-cave/pub/cigar lounge in a couple months.

Hell, I wouldn't mind going to a slower-lower brew day as well, but I would like to have one that I don't have to drive to :)

I'd be in for the short drive to Newark, but I think I am wrapped up almost every weekend through April. If you are looking at may, I should be in.

Well, no one complained about the 22nd, so that's the day. So far, some neighbors and folks from work are coming.

Okay, so the 22nd is the day.

So far, I have dataz, a couple of brewers from work, and a couple of curious neighbors coming. Unconfirmed are Ryan and Al.

Who would like to join in, and does anyone need to split a brew?

(I have to put the pressure on because I have to empty out the dead whore fridge before the neighbors arrive)

Wheee! Brewday saturday!

I'm up for splitting a hefe if there are no other plans. Has anyone heard from Ryan or Stefin?

Mike,
Do we want to work on those keggles beforehand?

Stefin said he may come up. Is the address somewhere in this thread? If not, PM me.

If Stefin comes up, he'll probably ride with me from Joppa to DE.

Probably, but I'm not certain.

I have HDYB putting together the grains, and we'll need 2 oz of cascade for 10 gallons. Do you have that in stock?

Things to bring: grain mill, scale, hops, keggles, mash cooler

I have an immersion chiller, so no need to bring one unless yours is better.

- believe meg is picking up burgers for us, so we should be set for food.

Do you have 2 hoses and a splitter? It would probably be best if we used both chillers, or we could use 1 as a prechiller in some ice water.

If I have room in the car I will bring a keg and the cold plate too.

Yes, I have the hoses, and I think using mine as a pre-chiller is a good idea

If space is an issue, remember my car has space to spare

Yeah, I might need you to stop by tonight and load some **** in your car, or I could just make 2 trips tomorrow. I am trying to figure out a way to bring my smoker over there too.

And can you grab me some campden and a couple airlocks while your at the store.

as long as I wake up at a reasonable time, I should be there tomorrow.

not brewing, just drinking and chilling.

Dude, if you don't show up, I'm going to kick your crotch so hard, your children will suffer bruising.

This goes for Stefin, too.

PS: I don't care if you brew, I just want to see you guys since the Summer brew day is iffy for me.
PPS: Stefin, see if Morris wants to come up.

Stefin bailed on me when I asked him earlier this week...what a wussy.

95% chance I'll be there. Just got to set an alarm, and remember to grab some mead on the way out the door.

Should bring the keg of lemonade mead just to empty it without stefin as punishment for his not coming up for this....

Okay, preparations begin!

Food will be burgers, chili, and a bit of corn on the cob. See everyone soon!

Back