AG Kit Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMack

Reaction score
I've got two AG recipes on order, Thanks to Brewmasters Warehouse.

My question is is there a recommended time/method for storage of the kits? These will be my first attempts at AG, and while I'll do the first kit rather quickly. I'd rather hold the second kit to give me time to go over my process and make improvements. And right now I only have one primary fermenter.

So I was just curious how long it's recommended to keep a kit on hand before using.

I'm assuming you got the grains crushed. I have held kits for over a month without any trouble. I could probably have gone longer. Keep them cool and dry, and you'll be fine.

If you have room in a fridge for the grains they will last a couple of months easy. They are shipped in an airtight heavy plastic bag to help keep the grains fresh. Otherwise store in as cool a place as you can to help keep them as fresh as possible. You should not have any problems at all.

Thank you for choosing us,

Ed

I just toss the ingredients in the bag/box on a shelf and put the hops in the fridge in amarked plastic ziplock along witht he yest till i'm ready.

Back