A good Christmas all grain recipe....ya got one??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My christmas brew is a Courage Russian Imperial Stout clone. I have one bottle every christmas eve (the whole batch is at my parents' house so I can't break into them at other times). The recipe was pretty simple pale/amber/black (touch of brown) with some dark candi syrup and cane sugar (OG 1.101), 50 IBUs of Target, fermented with 1028 in primary, then aged on oak cubes with some Brett A.

Not sure if that is exactly what you were looking for, but it says winter time to me.

Full details/pictures/tastings: The Mad Fermentationist: Courage Russian Imperial Stout

I'm brewing mine Saturday. It's sort of an Amber Ale with ginger, cinnamon, and orange peel. I made it last year and it was tasty, but it was an extract batch, this year I'm converting to all grain. Maybe next year I'll have a recipe for you!

Those seem like good Christmas recipes, but if you're looking for one without any extras feel free to try my Extra Stout in my dropdown.

Back