McDonald's is pure evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so a convergence of crap today meant a quick dinner for the kiddies. Because they couldn't agree on something that I could quickly make them, I made the snap decision to take them to McDonald's. Bad, bad move.

Now, they love the place like all children do. Me, I avoid it like the plague. Has to have been at least a decade since I stepped foot in one. I hate it so much my wife usually takes them.

I made the mistake of actually eating there, apparently time making the memory foggy when it comes to painful events. I thought I went smart by eating grilled chicken. I was wrong. It's still McDonald's. So now I feel like my innards have declared war on me and are winning like Sherman through Atlanta.

Just had to share. Ugh.:mad:

Wearing my new shoes now that I got 25 percent off on, from a big mac meal I bought at mcdonalds, during the monopoly game. There is one right next to my place of employment.

McDonalds always gives me the "rumble down under". Then it's the browns to the superbowl. :(

It's not so much the rumble as it is the fact I feel like I ingested an entire fryalator's worth of goo. I mean, really, how do you make grilled chicken greasy?

It is just awful. I'm pretty sure my kids and I were the only non-obese people in there. My 6 year old is skinny as a rail and tall. She ate six McNuggets, a hamburger, fries and then an apple pie in like 8 minutes. I nearly threw up right there.

I was at a Mc Donalds in Monterrey Mexico last night... they had like 4 menu items! I had the Pollo Trio with Coca!

LMAO, two days ago I was up in Stamford, CT.... yeah, um, I about busted out my passport!

LMAO, two days ago I was up in Stamford, CT.... yeah, um, I about busted out my passport!

I'm sorry to hear that. :D
CT ain't what many people think it is. Yes, Michael J. Fox, Meryl Streep, yada, yada, live up in the tony Litchfield Hills but it really helps to speak Spanish if you live here.

Lest I be accused of being a bigot, it doesn't bother me. It's just sort of a dichotomy for a state thought to be lily white and rich as hell.

Yeah, we were up in Westchester County and layed over in Stamford, CT. I get treated a lot better in Mexico, and the exchange rate rocks. :rockin:

Yeah, we were up in Westchester County and layed over in Stamford, CT. I get treated a lot better in Mexico, and the exchange rate rocks. :rockin:

Flying in and out of White Plains? I've never flown from there. Heard good things about it, though. Only about 45 minutes from me. I should check it out.

Flying Thursday with the family to Fla. I'm not confident about the whole plane landing itself thing you described. Any chance you can pilot that one for me? I'd feel safer with someone I know from some random message board.:D

If not, I'll just go to McDonald's before I get on the plane. The rumble in my belly will surely take my mind off flying.

Yeah, hell, I did something like 3 flights in and out of White Plains to Atlanta this week, and the overnight up there in Stamford. White Plains is a nightmare... the terminal is tiny, overcrowded... and getting a plane in and out of there is horrible. Short runways, congested airspace, A LOT of private pilots cruising around not talking to controllers...
Go to Newark, JFK or LGA

Flying in and out of White Plains? I've never flown from there. Heard good things about it, though. Only about 45 minutes from me. I should check it out.

Flying Thursday with the family to Fla. I'm not confident about the whole plane landing itself thing you described. Any chance you can pilot that one for me? I'd feel safer with someone I know from some random message board.:D

If not, I'll just go to McDonald's before I get on the plane. The rumble in my belly will surely take my mind off flying.

White Plains is a nice little airport, but just hope you don't have any weather issues. I got stuck there for 5 hours once because of thunderstorms.

Yeah, hell, I did something like 3 flights in and out of White Plains to Atlanta this week, and the overnight up there in Stamford. White Plains is a nightmare... the terminal is tiny, overcrowded... and getting a plane in and out of there is horrible. Short runways, congested airspace, A LOT of private pilots cruising around not talking to controllers...
Go to one of the other BIG THREE there in NY (NJ)

I'm a BDL guy (check it out, a little airport code). Much easier to get to for me. cheap parking. Nice easy terminals to navigate.

Done Newark because my MIL lives near there. What a disaster that place is.

If the public only knew how badly pilots hated flying to White Plains LOL... with all that money up there, they oughtta build a real airport :D

I'm a BDL guy (check it out, a little airport code). Much easier to get to for me. cheap parking. Nice easy terminals to navigate.

Done Newark because my MIL lives near there. What a disaster that place is.
I do BDL too, much prefer that to anything in the NY area. BDL is a much more functional airport than HPN

Flying is safer than your drive to the airport... it is actually safer than riding a bicycle... so there. Remember, the guys and gals on that plane are some of the most highly skilled and trained individuals you will find witout surgical gloves. I mean, we are re-tested every 6 months, and if we dont pass, we get fired... how many jobs are that anal?

Flying is safer than your drive to the airport... it is actually safer than riding a bicycle... so there. Remember, the guys and gals on that plane are some of the most highly skilled and trained individuals you will find witout surgical gloves. I mean, we are re-tested every 6 months, and if we dont pass, we get fired... how many jobs are that anal?

I know that. It's not the people that I don't trust. It's the giant flying metal tube. It's unnatural.

What really bugs me are a few things: 1. I am not in control. Don't like that. 2. Can't see what's in front of me. I'm highly claustrophobic, so not being able to see ahead of me combined with being in a giant flying metal tube, ugh. 3. When the plane gets bounced all over the place, it would be reassuring to me if the man/woman in charge said something. Anything. Tell a joke.

I was once on a flight in a small plane from OKC that dropped something like 500 feet. My laptop smashed, along with my head. Scared hell out of me since.

I must say the best flight I ever had was from South Bend, Ind, to PIT with two pilots who were about half my age. Captain was female. Awesome. I was the only one on an 18-seater. They talked to me the whole time. It rocked.

Ya, the McNugglets do me in. Next morning it's Mt. Vesuvius. Kind like after drinking too much BMC.

Just thought I'd put this thread back on track. :D

What the hell, we're trying to deal with my phobias here, if you don't mind.;)

All I know is that I can get the Pollo Trio with Coca for 52 pesos! That my friend is a mighty fine meal, and my belly LOVES it some MickieD's

I also love to munch on beijing beef from Panda Express as we climb through 10,000 feet... hows that make you feel??:D

OK, so a convergence of crap today meant a quick dinner for the kiddies. Because they couldn't agree on something that I could quickly make them, I made the snap decision to take them to McDonald's. Bad, bad move.

Now, they love the place like all children do. Me, I avoid it like the plague. Has to have been at least a decade since I stepped foot in one. I hate it so much my wife usually takes them.

I made the mistake of actually eating there, apparently time making the memory foggy when it comes to painful events. I thought I went smart by eating grilled chicken. I was wrong. It's still McDonald's. So now I feel like my innards have declared war on me and are winning like Sherman through Atlanta.

Just had to share. Ugh.:mad:

They are evil, but they own chipotle so I dont destroy them.

I was at a Mc Donalds in Monterrey Mexico last night... they had like 4 menu items! I had the Pollo Trio with Coca!

Monterrey is a cool city. I've been there many times.

With casitas everywhere, how could you chose McD over fresh-made tacos? Yowsa!!

Monterrey is a cool city. I've been there many times.

With casitas everywhere, how could you chose McD over fresh-made tacos? Yowsa!!

It was 11pm... EVERYTHING was closed, except the crummy 7-11 next to the hotel. Which by the way sold ONLY chips and soda... so, I kept walking... and walking, til I saw the Golden Arches

My son, 2+ year old is actually NOT fond of Mickey D's at all. Sure he will eat the fries, but he loves fries period.

Sadly, the Arches are a unavoidable evil. Especially, with kids. But then again, McD's is less greasy than say Wendy's, at least here.

I tend to go only with the Southern Chicken biscuit/sandwich and feel pretty good about it.

17 hours later I still feel like crap. Next time, I'll be sure to let them eat at McD's and I'll wait till I get home. Or go hungry. That's a decent alternative.

I feel like poo after Mickey D's as well... but I don't eat the fries and if I get anything it's 2, count em, 2 cheeseburgers and since we usually have water in the car I don't get a drink... somehow I still mange to have a growly stomach afterwards and "the browns go to the superbowl" (nice quote!)

My daughter will eat the chicken nuggets, but she likes "burger" (cheeseburger) and the apple dippers, hold the dipping sauce, all washed down with Milk... I'm glad that at least Mickey D's is making an attempt to keep health in mind and offers alternatives to their saturated fatty foods.

My wife always gets one of their nasty burger combos.. and then promptly feels the need to exercise for the next following 3 or 4 days until she feels like she has burnt off some of the calories from the meal...

It's convenient, it's (semi) quick and it's (somewhat) cheap... although have you ever drove up to the screen to see the order ahead of yours and how it's like $30 of combo meal after combo meal?

I am quite partial to McDonalds, It's put bread and butter on the table and clothes on my back since I was 3. My mom takes care of the books and is office manager for the owner of our local 10 stores.
I hate when people bash, not just Mcdonalds but all fast food, for making them obese. It's the saddest excuse in the world. It's McDonalds fault that I drove my car here for 3 meals a day and ordered the biggest thing on the menu, then went home and sat in front of the TV all day! And that stupid Supersize me movie making the guy sick, Well no ****!! He was a complete vegan before the experiment, of course his body will go into shock. It's not used to any of that crap. I'm not saying Mcdonalds giant burgers are healthy for normal people either. But they've done a lot more than other restaurants to put healthier options on the menu. But do the obese people ever choose the salad, or yogurt, or apples F no, they stick with their super sized half POund burger and fries. with 42 ozs of Diet coke!
If you're not used to a certain style of food it will upset your stomach. Every time I eat dinner at my parents house, I have to unload right after due to not being used to mom's cooking style anymore. Never effected me when I lived at home, but now my system is adjusted to SWMBO's cooking with less oil or whatnot.
I'm just sick of American's tendency to Push blame on corporations for the decisions they made. Not saying you're doing this OP. This rant was not directly pointed at you. Just the topic in general
*end rant*
Let intelligent communication continue.

It's convenient, it's (semi) quick and it's (somewhat) cheap... although have you ever drove up to the screen to see the order ahead of yours and how it's like $30 of combo meal after combo meal?
Ain't so cheap anymore. I got two happy meals, a burger for one of the kids and a grilled blt meal, small, and the whole lot cost 18 bucks. Not ridiculous, but not quite what I expected.

F no, they stick with their super sized half POund burger and fries. with 42 ozs of Diet coke!
*end rant*

i kind of have to agree, I think the only reason I feel like crap afterward is the fact that we only eat there in a pinch (2 or 3 times a month, if that) and I'm lactose intolerant, yet I love cheese... combine that with my wife's amazing cooking my body isn't really conditioned for fast foods to begin with...

when i was in college I lived off fast food and didn't have any problems... now that I eat healthier and make attempts to stay fit, I notice quickly when I eat "junk" foods...

it also annoys me when you see people ordering a huge meal and then on top of that order a Diet Coke... yeah... ok... :D that Supersized movie was interesting, but I honestly can't imagine someone having the money to eat that everyday... and it was a tad too "extreme", of course his body reacted the way it did...

I am quite partial to McDonalds, It's put bread and butter on the table and clothes on my back since I was 3. My mom takes care of the books and is office manager for the owner of our local 10 stores.
I hate when people bash, not just Mcdonalds but all fast food, for making them obese. It's the saddest excuse in the world. It's McDonalds fault that I drove my car here for 3 meals a day and ordered the biggest thing on the menu, then went home and sat in front of the TV all day! And that stupid Supersize me movie making the guy sick, Well no ****!! He was a complete vegan before the experiment, of course his body will go into shock. It's not used to any of that crap. I'm not saying Mcdonalds giant burgers are healthy for normal people either. But they've done a lot more than other restaurants to put healthier options on the menu. But do the obese people ever choose the salad, or yogurt, or apples F no, they stick with their super sized half POund burger and fries. with 42 ozs of Diet coke!
If you're not used to a certain style of food it will upset your stomach. Every time I eat dinner at my parents house, I have to unload right after due to not being used to mom's cooking style anymore. Never effected me when I lived at home, but now my system is adjusted to SWMBO's cooking with less oil or whatnot.
I'm just sick of American's tendency to Push blame on corporations for the decisions they made. Not saying you're doing this OP. This rant was not directly pointed at you. Just the topic in general
*end rant*

As far as employing people and genius marketing strategy, McD's is great. I don't hate the concept or anything. It's the vile food that gets to me. All fast food is evil, maybe that's what I should have titled this.

That said, if the opportunity arose to own a franchise, one would be silly not to jump if one could afford it. It's a cash cow.

We don't go to the local McD's. A couple of yrs. ago we went to one of them and they happened to be a little busy. As we stood inside and watched, an order went out to the drive though and then came back in when the people saw an error in their order. The incorrect item came out of the bag and then *the manager* put that item on the tray for the order of the people on front of us. They saw the same thing we did and refused the item. The item then went back to the staging area to go out as someone else's order.

We haven't been back since.

I just found something far more evil than McD's. Play-Doh, especially in the hands of a 4-year-old. God, what a freakin' mess. Excuse me while I clean up.

Play DOH is not good for you, HIGH in sodium, MC Ds is better.

We don't go to the local McD's. A couple of yrs. ago we went to one of them and they happened to be a little busy. As we stood inside and watched, an order went out to the drive though and then came back in when the people saw an error in their order. The incorrect item came out of the bag and then *the manager* put that item on the tray for the order of the people on front of us. They saw the same thing we did and refused the item. The item then went back to the staging area to go out as someone else's order.

We haven't been back since.

Yes this is freaking gross and unfortunately happens when you have crap people not following company policy. There are definitely the store to stay away from.

I just found something far more evil than McD's. Play-Doh, especially in the hands of a 4-year-old. God, what a freakin' mess. Excuse me while I clean up.
*takes out parenting tech tips note pad writes down "no play-dough until he is 5"* Thanks! :D

Back