Unicode keyboard shortcuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCCCC

Reaction score
From time to time some of you might want to be able to use some special characters in your posts to clarify your writings. I made a limited JPEG of some commonly used ones for use on Windows machines. There's a completely different set of commands for similar characters on a Mac, so this pic is only for PCs:
shortcuts.jpg

To use these characters you would press and hold the "alt" key while pressing the listed number keys in the correct order and then releasing the "alt" key.

Hope someone finds this useful,
Matt

I would like thank you for posting this up. I have often been annoyed that I didn't know how to enter the temperature degree symbol (°) and now I do as well as other special characters. :rockin:

Note that the numbers have to be pressed on the 10-keypad, not the top row above the letters.

fretman124 said:
Anybody have the MS one in a printable format? I can't seem to cut and paste the one in the OP
I made it a JPG so you can just right click and save picture.

EvilTOJ said:
Note that the numbers have to be pressed on the 10-keypad, not the top row above the letters.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I tried the top row and it didn't work, so instinctively I tried the keypad with number lock turned on and low and behold I had special characters.

Latest posts

Back