Retired Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call around to some local breweries (or not so local if you're willing to drive) and ask if they have any for sale.

Craigslist. Check often and jump on one if the price is right.

It's between you and your conscience as to how you feel about cutting up a brewery's property. Of course you might be able to get a hold of the local distributor and see if you can buy one legally.

I went over the the local Miller Distributor and asked to buy one. They sold me a nice one for the cost of the deposit.

Craigslist. Check often and jump on one if the price is right.

It's between you and your conscience as to how you feel about cutting up a brewery's property. Of course you might be able to get a hold of the local distributor and see if you can buy one legally.

I don't understand, if I buy it its now my property right?:confused:

I don't understand, if I buy it its now my property right?:confused:

If you do buy one off CL from a private party it's unlikely they bought it outright. It's highly likely they paid a deposit on the keg as an incentive to return it to its rightful owner once empty.

If the seller can show proof of purchase from the original owner ( the one who's name is stamped on the keg) then you're fine.

I am not going to make any judgments here, and there's plenty of threads here about this very thing already. I just thought I give you the information to help make your own mind up.

OH NO! Here we go again....

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I think the question has been asked, and answered. There are plenty of threads already covering the legalities of kegs.

Unless someone has something new to add, we're done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back