Lost Coast Great White Clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBru

Reaction score
Anyone know of recipe to do an extract or partial mash of this beer?

Bump. SWMBO loves the Greatwhite, I doubt she'll be satisfied with anything I make, but I'd love to try just for comparison.

Here is the suggested recipe from your link. One thing is Lost coast says they use Humbolt herbs in great white... unless the chamomile and coriander come from the humbolt herb store..

When I look at the AG version of this it would be different. With the wheat I'm not sure why this recipe calls for carapils as well. looking at this I'm not sure this is accurate to the beer.

○ x Pound Pale Malt
○ x Pound Vienna Malt
○ x Pound White Wheat Malt
○ x Pound Honey Malt
○ 1/2 Ounce Centennial Hops
○ 1/2 Ounce Cascade Hops
○ 1-½ Ounce Sweet Orange Peel
○ 1/4 Ounce Chamomile
○ 1 Ounce Coriander

NorCal Brewing Solutions Great White Clone (DME Version)

Ingredients List:
○ 1 Pound Pale Malt
○ ½ Pound Vienna Malt
○ ½ Pound Carapils Malt
○ ½ Pound White Wheat Malt
○ ¼ Pound Honey Malt
○ 3 Pounds Golden Light DME
○ 1 Pound Wheat DME
○ 1/2 Ounce Centennial Hops
○ 1/2 Ounce Cascade Hops
○ 2 Ounces Maltodextrin
○ 1-½ Ounce Sweet Orange Peel
○ 1/4 Ounce Chamomile
○ 1 Ounce Coriander
○ 5 Teaspoons Fermax
○ White Labs WLP001 California Ale Yeast -OR- Safale US-05 Dry Yeast

I've also heard the Kaffir lime leaves can be used in place of Chamomile.
Aside from that, as I understand it, the Great White (which i too, love btw) seems to be a standard Belgian Wit, with the addition of "humbolt herbs"
I personally just made a wit with a little bit of chamomile thrown in at the end of the boil.
Seemed to give it a smoother taste IMO.

I made this recipe about two months ago. At first it seemed like a pretty close match. The spices slowly tailed off. I plan on shooting for round two this weekend. I was thinking about adding coriander to the secondary this time.

Back