Grolsch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maczilla

Reaction score
Does anyone have an all grain recipe for a 5.5 gal batch of Grolsch? I have only seen a few recipes and there is quite a bit of variation in them. Thanks!

maczilla said:
Does anyone have an all grain recipe for a 5.5 gal batch of Grolsch? I have only seen a few recipes and there is quite a bit of variation in them. Thanks!

I brew this one now-and-then:

10.5 lbs German 2 row pils
3 oz crystal 10 L
2 oz Munich

1 oz Northern Brewer ( 1 hour ) 8% AAU
1/2 oz Hersbrucker (30 min)
1/3 oz Saaz ( 10 min)

Irish Moss: 1 tsp. hydrated ( 30 min )

White Labs WLP800 or Wyeast 2278

Protien rest 122 f 20 min. Boost to 150 - 152 f maintain 90 min. Boost to 168 f 10 min.Chill to 50 f and rack 5 gal to a carboy (settleing tank). Cool to 32 f and keep until the starter is in kraeusen. The starter is made from the 1/2 gal of wort held back from the settleing tank. Rack to a 6.5 gal carboy very carefully leaving all trub.Use a stone to infuse oxygen for 5 min. When temp is 50 f, pitch the starter at about 55 f. Cool to fermentation temp. ( 48 f)

Expected OG: 1.058
Expected FG: 1.012
Aprox IBU: 30 - 32
Aprox SRM: 3.5 - 4

Hope this helps.
Skol !! :mug:

Silly rabbit! Grolsh ain't for drinkin'....it's just a liquid that fills the bottles we use!:D

My recipe calls for drinking 2 pints of Guinness. Wait. Wait a little longer. Once processed, pour carefully from attached bottling wand into bottle trying not to splash trousers. Chill.

dibby33 said:
My recipe calls for drinking 2 pints of Guinness. Wait. Wait a little longer. Once processed, pour carefully from attached bottling wand into bottle trying not to splash trousers. Chill.

Sadly that took me 3 reads before i got it...

"My dog is pregnant"

dibby33 said:

Bazzzzzing!! - Stewie

Back