Central Ohio Group Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have my AG setup completed sometime before spring so I'm going to be interested in getting some grains. Anyone have any ideas or leads? Would a local shop do a discount for larger quantities? Would a local brewery sell some on the side? I'm open to ideas.

I am part owner of a business in downtown Columbus, I do have a loading dock and forklift available. I know that to order from L.D. Carlson, located in Kent, Ohio, which is where Gentile's and the wine and homebrew shop gets most of their stuff (I believe), you have to have a retail storefront, be approved, because they don't want you to be too close to another distributor, and have to come up with a $2000 prepaid first order. Your account is also reviewed after a year to see if you make the yearly purchase requirements. If the brewery that might help out homebrewer's is the Elevator, my business is about a block away further north down fourth st. than the brewery, not their restaurant, which is on high st.

I've run several group buys through MCM. IIRC, we capped it at 100 bags. I'll probably run one again in the fall. Several folks from your area participated in the last one. I know it's much help for you now, though. If you can wait until fall, I always advertise the buy here.

Bump. Any interest?

I would also be interested soon too. Just about to finish up my first AG setup here in the next couple of weeks.

If you're interested, please contact me at<email removed>.

I'll start a thread in the group buy section tomorrow.

Apparently I'm not permitted to create a thread in the group buy because I haven't joined the club.

I have no interest in contributing monetarily to this board.

If you're interested in the buy, send an e-mail to the above listed address.

EDIT: The pick up would be in Mansfield

Anyone in the Columbus area available to pick a few sacks up for me and I can meet in Columbus so I don't have to drive to Mansfield from Cinci? I am on the list for 3 sacks plus splits if anyone is interested.

orion7144 said:
Anyone in the Columbus area available to pick a few sacks up for me and I can meet in Columbus so I don't have to drive to Mansfield from Cinci? I am on the list for 3 sacks plus splits if anyone is interested.

I possibly could. I am going up to Cleveland and coming back down to columbus on march 17th. Would I be able to pick up that day??

Would anyone be interested in splitting some bags? I'd like to try golden promise, optic, and halcyon from Fawcett. If I can get two others that would like to try this, we can split it three ways and try all three for the price of a single bag. 18.3 lbs a piece.

Or even better, 3 more people and we can throw pearl in there too and have 13.75 lbs of each grain. I think it would be a fun experiment.

Any takers?

Invitations sent. If you've asked for info and have not received anything from me, please resend the request.

It looks as if this buy has reached capacity. If something changes, I'll post here again.

Anyone in the Cincy/NKY area interested in trying to get a group buy going again? I'd like to get a couple bags of base grain.

Back