Powdered Nuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTexan

Reaction score
I was thinking of adding some powdered peanut butter to a porter I'm going to brew this weekend. I was wondering what would be the best way. During the boil or in the secondary? Any suggestions?

uuuh...dude? Aren't powdered nuts what you get from mummies? :D Seriously though,I'd say the last 15 minutes of the boil,like you would zest,corieander or something.

I used the PB2 in a stout, added it in secondary the whole 16oz vacum sealed pack. As well as 4oz cacao nibs. It's funny I taste only the pb and all guests taste the chocolate. I have had it in a bottle right before Christmas. The recipe says to wait 4 months after bottling. So I still got some waiting to do.

I put a pound of PB2 in the boil at 15 minutes and stirred like crazy. During straining, there was a lot a lot of mini dough balls that were left undissolved. Anybody else have this experience? It was a stout btw.

Latest posts

Back