Grumble and Complain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the first time in 10 years, I was proud this fall to state that I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan. I have been a fan ever since I was a wee lad (25 years ago), but that's not something you go around shouting when your team (in general) sucks and chokes at every opportunity.

This year, things were looking great for the big cats. #1 ranked QB in the NFL. Johnson and Johnson handling the ball well. Tough-as-nails defense. Clenched a playoff spot with games to spare.

And then... TOTAL DISASTER. 2nd offensive play of the 1st playoff game and the #2 receiver and QB are DONE, both with knee injuries.

I was sure glad I had all that beer to cry into on Sunday.

-walker

Looks like you better get busy....

Primary: empty Mini-Primary: empty
Secondary #1: empty Secondary #2: empty
Bottled/Conditioning: Nothing

Yeah.. I had to shut the brewery down since I was going to be out of town for a few weeks. I was supposed to have another 5 gallons in stock, but my wheat beer went sour on me and I had to dump it a few days before christmas.

I'm still sitting OK with what I have (about 3 cases of good beer, and 1.5 cases of horrible porter). I'll probably be firing up the kettle this weekend for the next batch.

Oh! And I got a new fermenter for Christmas. Nothing special, just another 6.5 gallon primary, so my capacity has gone up a little.

Better add that primary to the sig....

-walker

That definitely suqued about Carson- I was glad to see him do well this year. I wanted you to win so that we (New England) could get Indy this weekend.

Walker said:
I was supposed to have another 5 gallons in stock, but my wheat beer went sour on me and I had to dump it a few days before christmas.
Should have bought some raspberry syrup and called it Berliner Weisse! As far as disastrous wheats go, I started one last weekend due to favorable fermentation temps in the house and of course a January heat wave hits and the fermentation closet smells like bubblegum.

Truble said:
That definitely suqued about Carson- I was glad to see him do well this year. I wanted you to win so that we (New England) could get Indy this weekend.

At this point, I'm pulling for the Patriots for a record-setting superbowl winning streak. Good luck.

I am also obligated to root against the Bears and the Colts (my brother's team and my father's team, respectively). However, I do need to cheer for the colts to beat the steelers next week out of vengance. They you can feel free to have the Pats slam the Colts and keep them out of the big game.

-walker

Walker said:
At this point, I'm pulling for the Patriots for a record-setting superbowl winning streak. Good luck.

I am also obligated to root against the Bears and the Colts (my brother's team and my father's team, respectively). However, I do need to cheer for the colts to beat the steelers next week out of vengance. They you can feel free to have the Pats slam the Colts and keep them out of the big game.

Or, better yet, let the steelers win next weekend and then lose to the Patriots to keep them out of The Big Game (EXACTLY like last year.)

-walker

Walker said:
For the first time in 10 years, I was proud this fall to state that I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan. I have been a fan ever since I was a wee lad (25 years ago), but that's not something you go around shouting when your team (in general) sucks and chokes at every opportunity.

I feel for ya man but I then again I root for the Jets:mad: We lost both our QBs in the same game, not to mention our probowl center, our best RB and the guy they signed to back him up, our gutsy little possesion recvr Chrebet and I don't know who else. Hell we signed Vinny Testeverde off his couch to play for us. Then to top it all off our coach decides he doesn't like it in town and goes to KC and all we get is a stinking 4th round pick.:eek:

Walker said:
And then... TOTAL DISASTER. 2nd offensive play of the 1st playoff game and the #2 receiver and QB are DONE, both with knee injuries.

How can you call Henry your #2 receiver? Houshmandzadeh's the #2 guy if anybody is. Unless you were referring to both CJ and Housh as both being #1 guys - then I guess Henry could be your #2.

I'm a Seahawk fan since they're the only pro football in the Northwest, but as an OSU Beaver alum I quietly cheered for the Bengals because I want to see CJ and Housh do well. Wouldn't it be sweet if you got Mike Hass next year? You'd have the Beaver Receiver tri-fecta!!

AHU

Walker said:
Or, better yet, let the steelers win next weekend and then lose to the Patriots to keep them out of The Big Game (EXACTLY like last year.)

-walker

And if this happens, the AFC championship will be at home in NE.

Walker what is the local word on what happened in the Bungles locker room at half-time Sunday? Sounds like Chad Johnson is determined to pull a T.O.!!!!

Interesting football coming this weekend, for sure--I'll do some prognosticating for you :p :

Seattle over Washington in a blowout
Denver over N.E. by 6
Pittsburgh upsets Indy
Carolina in a blowout over Chicago, cause "da bears still suck!!!"

Disclaimer: I SUCK at prognosticating, but its fun. Throw me a bone. :)

AllHoppedUp said:
How can you call Henry your #2 receiver? Houshmandzadeh's the #2 guy if anybody is. Unless you were referring to both CJ and Housh as both being #1 guys - then I guess Henry could be your #2.

Yeah, you're right. Henry sits best at #3 behind CJ and Housh.

AllHoppedUp said:
Wouldn't it be sweet if you got Mike Hass next year? You'd have the Beaver Receiver tri-fecta!!

Huh-huh... you said "beaver receiver". :cool:

ORRELSE said:
Walker what is the local word on what happened in the Bungles locker room at half-time Sunday? Sounds like Chad Johnson is determined to pull a T.O.!!!!

Actually, I haven't heard anything about anything with respect to CJ. I'm in North Carolina, so the "local word" is about the Panthers. I've got some digging to do, I guess. Now I'm worried....

-walker

ORRELSE said:
... Sounds like Chad Johnson is determined to pull a T.O.!!!!

Wouldn't surprise me. Last time I had to be in Cinci for a business meeting, we went to dinner at some Italian place across the river (can't recall the name of the place - great lasagna, though) and he was there. It was the Monday before Thanksgiving, so the place was fairly empty. I wouldn't have known him from Adam, but the people I was with recognized him. He spent most of the time looking around to see if anyone recognized him! Not one person acknowledged his presence!

ORRELSE said:
... Carolina in a blowout over Chicago, cause "da bears still suck!!!" :)

I can see that prognosticating is clearly not your forte! Because it should be obvious to anyone that the Bears will beat the Kittycats this Sunday. Need I remind you who beat whom back in November and what team had 8 sacks and 2 interceptions in that game - and all of that with a backup QB?!;)

I'm not picking against NE. I did that each year they won the superbowl (usually during AFC playoffs) and what did that get me :(

For the first time in 10 years, I was proud this fall to state that I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Try growing up being a Green Bay Packers fan, you wanna learn the definition of die hard . . . with the way they do things in Greenbay they wont be a good team again until I am about 60 . . . DAMN THAT 30 YEAR CYCLE

When I was growing up I always thought that a coach scratching his nutz ment "Send in Dickey"and that if the coach put his right fist in his left hand then pulled it out again it was the sign for Dickey to pull his head outa his arse

Pumbaa said:
Try growing up being a Green Bay Packers fan, you wanna learn the definition of die hard . . . with the way they do things in Greenbay they wont be a good team again until I am about 60 . . . DAMN THAT 30 YEAR CYCLE

When I was growing up I always thought that a coach scratching his nutz ment "Send in Dickey"and that if the coach put his right fist in his left hand then pulled it out again it was the sign for Dickey to pull his head outa his arse

"Some" of us get the Dickey jokes :D. (From Meno Falls...). No on the 30 year drought cycle!!!!!!

Pumbaa said:

GAWD if only we would have had a defense back in those days......that was one of the best offenses of all time, IMHO.....they could score against anyone...

I agree Pumbaa, I think us GBP fans are in for a long drought......:mad: :(

All I know is, back in '67 if I'd known that I was going to have to wait 30 years for the Packers to be good again I think I would have gone postal. Either that or I would have had to plead with my parents to move somewhere else where they had a good team.

I don't know if I can wait 30 more years (heck, I don't even know if I'll LIVE that long).

The only thing I can think of is that I'll just have to relax and enjoy many, MANY homebrews while I wait for good times to return to Titletown.

if the dry spell is gonna come, and if Brett is gonna retire and things look really bad, all we have to remember is 1 simple statement that always is, was, and will forever be true . . . .

THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

Wow - was this a cheesehead hijack or what? Hey you cheesy curds out there. There will never be 30 years of drought in this day and age of free agency. Oh, wait a second. Free agency hasn't helped the AZ Cardinals so ya just never know. If you have an inept front office, anything is possible.

desertBrew said:
... Wow - was this a cheesehead hijack or what?

Yes; especially when you consider how lousy they were this year!:D

Pumbaa said:
... THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

Who won the NFC North this season? Who beat Green Bay twice this year? Who's in the Playoffs? I rest my case.;) :)

Rhoobarb said:
Yes; especially when you consider how lousy they were this year!:D

Who won the NFC North this season? Who beat Green Bay twice this year? Who's in the Playoffs? I rest my case.;) :)

Who will be OUT of the playoffs after this weekend? I rest MY case.

I heard there was a deal brewing between 'da bears and GB to trade KGB for Urlacher after seasons end. Seems fair to me (and then I woke up).

Walker! Take back your thread. Packers & Bear fans don't play nice!

mmditter said:
All I know is, back in '67 if I'd known that I was going to have to wait 30 years for the Packers to be good again I think I would have gone postal.
All right cheese heads, I've heard enough of this sheist. :mad: Listen Up!
  • You won the first two frigging Super Bowls.
  • You had Lombardi.
  • You get to play half your games on the frigging frozen tundra.
  • You live in Title Town
  • Even at away games you come in motor homes 35,000 strong.
Quit crying boys...there's more than enough there to cheer about for 60 years at least. :D

Not to mention, if you keep bitchen, you're liable to be reincarnated living in Houston. :eek:

Who won the NFC North this season? Who beat Green Bay twice this year? Who's in the Playoffs? I rest my case.

They could win every superbowl between now and the end of time, give away free beer and blowjobs, and even if Greenbay NEVER won another game, the Bears still suck. For most Packer fans it's a lot like saying the sky is blue or water is wet . . . there is no rational argument against it.
  • Why do all the trees in Wisconsin lean south? . . .see above :cool:
  • It's nothing personal, hell Chicago is the only place in that state I even like, BUT . . .see above :cool:
  • Even with half of my extended family being from southern Illinois . . .see above :cool:
  • When the aliens come back to get their mothership and the new Soldier Field flys away . . .see above :cool:
That little truth is probably the only thing that kept me going through the Bart Starr / Forrest Gregg / Lindey Infante eras . . . .nothing really helped with Ray Rhodes year

I know, I know... it's hard to sit on the sidelines, cheesehead hat in hand, cryin' in your Leinie's while your rival forges ahead. :)

ORRELSE said:
Ouch. I'm goin to Vegas baby!!!!!!!!!

I bow to your picks. Perhaps we should call you the Oracle from now on :). Luckily I don't gamble as I had it the exact opposite except for Seattle. :eek:

What are the Steelers requesting from their Leprechaun as the third and final wish?

Wish #1: help us beat the Begnals by taking out the #1 QB in the NFL.
Wish #2: help us beat the Colts by making the #1 most accurate kicker in the NFL choke on a field goal.
Wish #3: help us beat the Brocos by ????

Either way, they leaves them S.O.L. for the Super Bowl. They'll have to win that one through skill, which means the NFC Champ is going to take the game in a HUGE blowout.

-walker

ORRELSE said:
Interesting football coming this weekend, for sure--I'll do some prognosticating for you :p :

Seattle over Washington in a blowout
Denver over N.E. by 6
Pittsburgh upsets Indy
Carolina in a blowout over Chicago, cause "da bears still suck!!!"

Disclaimer: I SUCK at prognosticating, but its fun. Throw me a bone. :)

holy crap batman!!! who should i bet on for the league championship games?!? :D

t1master said:
holy crap batman!!! who should i bet on for the league championship games?!? :D

LOL....that was total luck. :D Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I will toot my horn though--4 for 4 (especially the Indy-Pitt game) is pretty sweet. ;)

I don't think anyone saw that Indy outcome.

Looking at the current field, I think this will be one boring Super Bowl. I know, they usually are - but this one I think will be an all-time snooze-fest. I might even skip it this year and brew beer instead!;)

Back