"a well made tripel" from brooklyn brew shop: bottling time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laufly

Reaction score
I am making my very first beer batch, "a well made tripel". I just bottled the 1 gallon batch. Got 9 bottles out of it. Can I let it sit for 1 week at room temp then put it in the fridge for 1 week before drinking? Or do I have to let it sit for 2 weeks at room temp before refrigerating? Thank you so much for your advice!

More like three weeks or longer at room temperature to carb up and condition a bit! Then, put one in the fridge overnight and see if it's carbed up enough. Depending on the recipe and the level of alcohol, it can take even more than three weeks at room temperature to carb up sufficiently.

I am making my very first beer batch, "a well made tripel". I just bottled the 1 gallon batch. Got 9 bottles out of it. Can I let it sit for 1 week at room temp then put it in the fridge for 1 week before drinking? Or do I have to let it sit for 2 weeks at room temp before refrigerating? Thank you so much for your advice!

I did three of those starting out..I found they were real good at the three month mark. Save a few for long term and try a few each month if you can

This is why I wouldn't do the Brooklyn Homebrew kits. With 9 bottles, you'll never get to see what it is like in 3 months, they'll barely make it to 3 weeks. With a 5 gallon batch there's always a few left for long enough to see how it ages.

They sell 5 gallon batches as well. Their stuff is quality and a great way to get beginners started. That's how I learned.

Thanks a bunch everyone. I really appreciate the expert advice!

Back