Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New stuff from W.I.T.T.R... Definitely their best work since Diadem Of Twelve Stars

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Orange Goblin, Yob, Baroness, Electric Wizard, Isis, Weedweater it's what i've been on lately.

I realize some of the bands are fusion or more stoner-ish bands, but i've been on a Stoner binge aswell.

I know Yob, Baroness, Electric Wizard and Isis from before, I'll keep the rest in mind for the future.

Since you, obviously, like Isis I'll recommend Cult of Luna (start with Eternal Kingdom) and Fall of Efrafa (start with Inle).

It's kind of a new venture for me honestly, lol. I used to dislike Sludge (and most of it's sub-sub-genres) alot but eventually i got into it. I tend to keep up with most new Thrash, Black, Shoegazing, Doom (Funeral, Traditional) and Stoner stuff though.

Thanks for the reccomendation though. The name is familiar so i probably heard something of them. I'll take your advice regardless. Cheers.

I love doom myself, very painfully slow doom.

ambient black metal also has a lot of doom influence one of my favorite bands, Veil.

I think you'll like this song head banger, gives me the same feeling as Agalloch they they are very different musically.

Some good gothic metal goes good with a cup of porter. Very Theaterish indeed.

GodsStepBrother said:
I love doom myself, very painfully slow doom.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M_xFOjzwWE

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzhSuPCKUX4&feature=related

ambient black metal also has a lot of doom influence one of my favorite bands, Veil.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRLCkzDx-xY

I think you'll like this song head banger, gives me the same feeling as Agalloch they they are very different musically.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtT-1M4WfeU&feature=related

Thanks Homey, I'm on the move right now but will give it all a proper listen asap... Received a re-mastered copy of Transcendence by Crimson Glory and been jamming it constantly on the road. If you haven't heard it you definitely need to check it out! More power/traditional and fairly dated but I wonder why they ever went by the wayside every time I hear it.

Thanks Homey, I'm on the move right now but will give it all a proper listen asap... Received a re-mastered copy of Transcendence by Crimson Glory and been jamming it constantly on the road. If you haven't heard it you definitely need to check it out! More power/traditional and fairly dated but I wonder why they ever went by the wayside every time I hear it.

Listening right now.

Oh, and I meant to say earlier... There ain't no such thing as a noob, especially when it comes to metal. Plenty of damn good acts have slipped under my radar in years past just like Crimson Glory did. But the good news is if you keep digging you'll always be rewarded, kinda like mining for gold I guess you could say... Ok, now it's obvious that I'm drunk, damn cherry cider!

Don't like it, but thanks anyway. I'm a bit picky about epic doom metal bands, i like Doomsword though.

I'm addicted to Lord Vicar at the moment (When it comes to doom).

Cheers.

That's cool, not for everyone but a damn good album nonetheless. I'll keep my eye open for new doom, the latest doomsword album was good as well.

New one from Repugnant... I like this better than most of their older stuff, a bit more melodic and accomplished...

Someone mentioned Lord Vicar, do yourself a favor and check out his earlier band, Reverend Bizarre, Finland's best band ever.

I was a bit skeptical when i heard that Autopsy begun to play again, but the 7" was excellent and judging from the clip above the full length is "stable" as well.

Any other "cult" bands that still put out good stuff these days? "Serpent Saints" by Entombed was good.
Altough it isn't a new "Nihilist Demo" but really, you can't expect such good **** to be released these days.

Man the the drum patterns on the new Vader are perfect!

Something classic

Love me some Tsjuder, this song around 3:50 has an awesome transition.

Wyrd, Pagan Black metal.
one of my favorites.

Been listening to this for a while now, wanted to digest it thoroughly before I passed judgement since, honestly, my expectations were initially pretty low for the new offering from Dream Theater. That said, overall I am very pleasantly surprised! These guys are back in a big way and Portnoy's departure may or may not be the key but regardless, the Dream Theater we all used to know and love has returned to us bigger and better than ever... Truly an exceptional album, I couldn't be happier with it.

Whoever said all Christian metal sucks never listened to these guys, new from Theocracy...

Ran across this on an obscure ipool, I think it actually dropped last year but I'm just now hearing it...

It was bound to happen sooner or later, black metal meets punk. Funny thing is, I kinda like it...

Think I'll throw this up for our brethren over on the PR thread too.

Back