Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanC

Reaction score
I just pulled a bottle of blonde ale out of the fridge to have another test of the 1st batch of beer that I’ve tried brewing. It had been chilling for 36 hours and conditioned in the bottle for just over 3 and ½ weeks.

I poured it into an ice cold glass, saw lots of beautiful carbonation, a nice head, and then I just pretty much stood there staring at it for the next few minutes with a goofy grin on my face. When the trance finally broke and I began drinking down this fine tasting icy cold glass of malty goodness, it dawned on me that ‘Damn, I made that…’ and then it really dawned on me that ‘DAMN… I think I’m developing a man crush on my home brew setup!’

Do I need therapy? Or is this pretty much the norm for 1st timers when they pull off a decent batch? I guess I’d be concerned about it if not for the fact that I’m feeling preoccupied with all this beer that I’m going to be drinking over the next week or so:mug:.

I think it may be normal. Or... If not, then I am abnormal too. I actually got tears in my eyes and almost choked on my first one. Mike

I actually got out my new video camera and recorded the historic event. I don't think I've got any video of my son yet, but I've got my beer (and priorities?) recorded for posterity.

It's a pretty good feeling when you look at your beer in awe (and a sh@t eating grin on your face) and say...."I made that!!!!!":tank:

It's perfectly normal, as a matter of fact I still do that after 18 batches of beer:D Is that normal.:eek:

Eric

I have now brewed 4 batches and I agree its normal.

I even brewed two with a friend of mine (a non-brewer) super bowl weekend. he had ordered a brew kit before the game started and is brewing his first batch tonight. that man crush was from just being involved in the brewing, let alone drinking ant of it!

My first batch had/has a flavor that I wasn't totally happy with. My second batch is now ready to drink, and man, is it gooooooood. Temperature's almost 60 today, ice is melting, and I sat on the deck this afternoon with my first really good homebrew, looking just like you describe. I could not stop holding my glass up and smiling at it. Feels good.

As long as your clothes stay on all is good.....just dont tell us if the dont!!

Yes, you need therapy.
(My favorite part is that THIS *IS* the therapy!)

However from re-reading your therapy log, you are cleared and reinstated, ready for takeoff. (just not the clothes).

you are the mashter of your domain!

whenever i crack open my beers after waiting the unbearable 3-4 weeks in bottles, i smile on the inside and feel giddy for the rest of the night.

Back