Grand Opening: 10% off all orders and 2 Pounds for $14.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
Farmhousebrewingsupply.com is up and running. Although there are some layout issues that need to be updated everything else seem to be working fine. We will be running this special for the next couple day.

You do not need a paypal account to purchase, there is an option to pay with a credit card when you go to Paypal's site. Look on the left hand side of the screen.

This sale is over Thursday 7/1/10

We will ship anywhere, if you are in Canada or Europe please email me at [email protected] with your order. I can not process it through the website.

Sold out!
Also we have dropped the price on 10 varieties

Please check out the site, let me know what you think, any suggestions, and always thanks for the support,
John

Well the price for the 2lb pack is nice. I bought one.

The site looks great. Checkout process could be a little better. At first I did not realize the PayPal icon was the button I needed to click.

I agree. The checkout process was a little clunky and confusing. Great price for the hops though -- I ordered one of the 2lb packs. Thanks! I look forward to purchasing from you again.

I bought a 2 lb special and pliny pack (doesn't seem like the HBT special went through, though) - good deal, anyway! I had some difficulty in the check out process too, but persistence pays off (but didn't seem to get additional HBT discount).

Man I just bought some from you which I got in mail yesterday thanks.... I guess I could always use more.

The 10% off discount does not work on the 2# special. I Figured it was a good deal by itself. If you ordered any other hops it would have applied.

We are working on the layout of the checkout page, I had some members do some beta testing for me and that was the number one complaint. My web guy is taking a break this weekend so hopefully he will get it taken care of next week.

I know shipping may be a little high but I'm going through UPS and after time I should get better shipping rates. I'm trying to make up for it with low hop prices. I do have a few flat rate prices for 4/oz, 8/oz, 1#, 3-5#, and 5-7#. I'm doing the best that I can!

Also the special is located in the "Hop Pack" Page, and the "Specials" page

I would suggest loosing the burlap background all together. Look at some of the other sites, like AHB and NB, solid color or white (Preferred) backgrounds. Much easier to read, and looks more “Professional”, for lack of a better word. JMHO. :)

Order placed. Thanks for the sale!

Only issue I had was that I had to choose a real simple password to get the system to accept it. I don't have time now, but I hope I can go in soon and change it to something more complex.

I'm all set for hops at the moment, but I loved the deal I got from you a few months ago and will definitely steer some business your way in the future. Best of luck with the new site.

i figured the check out just fine. ;)

No but it was little unintuitive.
I just love that you have sorachi in pellets.
I have like 2 pound worth of leaf in my freezer i need to use.
It takes up too damn much room.

Argh... I didn't need to see this. My itchy bargain finger just cost me another $28. I guess I need to start getting some grain together so I can use the 4# of hops I'll have in my freezer once this order arrives (2# this time, 2# from a friday special a few weeks back).

Thanks for the great prices!

The site is great, not too flashy and very easy to navigate.

Well, I now have a PayPal account and have to wait for its code to activate it. Did I mention I hate PayPal? I did receive the order confirmation and hope that it will still be good in a day or 2 when I hopefully get the PayPal code and it is activated...

Ordered the special and some warrior hops...great pricing. Navigation and checkout are easy enough.(...grrrrr PayPal only lol) I like the colors on the site and the burlap textured background.

Good luck on your business venture!

:mug:

My bargain finger is itchy too! But it's been itching way too much with brewing stuff lately and I already have enough hops for a while! That deal is so hard to turn down.. Nice work with the website!

Zamial,
You can just pay with a credit card. There is an option halfway down the paypal screen that says:

Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

Um, I tried to order 1 lb of Simcoe as well as 1 lb Warrior. The Simcoe is listed at $1.25 per oz and then there is $5 also listed. When I tried to plug in 16 oz./units it showed that I would have to pay $80. How would I go about ordering 1lb of Simcoe & 1 lb of Warrior which should bill out at $20? I assume that the HBT 10% discount would apply to this order. Thanks, Montanaandy

Um, I tried to order 1 lb of Simcoe as well as 1 lb Warrior. The Simcoe is listed at $1.25 per oz and then there is $5 also listed. When I tried to plug in 16 oz./units it showed that I would have to pay $80. How would I go about ordering 1lb of Simcoe & 1 lb of Warrior which should bill out at $20? I assume that the HBT 10% discount would apply to this order. Thanks, Montanaandy

They're sold in 4 oz increments.

Order 4 to get a pound.:D

Yeah Montanaandy, the order quantity is bases on 4/oz pack, so like Goldmine said buy 4 packs for a pound.. You've ordered from me before right?

509, didn't you get yours last night? If not that's my fault we are working with a new system. you ordered a special right? If so it went out this morning.

Steelers77 - yes I have ordered from you before - that's why I was a bit confused this time around (nothing new there eh? :). I sent you an email last time and we did Paypal for payment

I will order 4 x the 4 oz. increments they are sold in. Thanks, Montanaandy

Zamial,
You can just pay with a credit card. There is an option halfway down the paypal screen that says:

Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

Ok, I needed a PayPal setup anyways so I just waited. It is all set and confirmed. I also noted that you are not far from me and am wondering if you have a physical store? (As in, if I was passing through could we meet up so I would not need shipping?)

Thanks!

:mug:

You might want to consider using USPS:

Fast and affordable delivery to every address in the United States.
* Delivers within 2 days in most cases.
Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box $4.95 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

I think you could easily fit two pounds in a box that size, and shave three bucks off your shipping.

Thanks for the comment.

Actually you can only put 1lb in that box, I have used them many times and have a 1lb shipping option on my site which uses them along with a 3-5# option that cost 11.95 ( 10.2+1.75 Insurance) and a 6-7# option that cost $12.45(10.20+2.25 insurance). Those are medium flat rate boxes. That being said, the small flat rate box cost $6.60 but that's because I make people to get the insurance so I am not liable.

I had 2 instances when I started where people opted out of the insurance and they wanted me to make it right, being new to a business I did.

I'm trying to keep the shipping prices as low as I can. I figure with the low price of my hops, most shipping prices will keep you under what you would pay at almost all other sites.

EX: 2# hop for $14.00 with a shipping cost of 9.95, your cost per ounce is only $.78 still seem like a good deal.

I'm doing the best I can and if I can get shipping prices lower you can be certain they will be passed on to you.

Thanks for the feedback,
John

I spoke to my web guy and the reason it is not secure is because we do not see any of your credit information. All that information is done through paypal and we have no access to your credit card info. So essentially all the information provided on that page is non credit impacting information.

Speaking of shipping these guys are super awsome!!!

why?

I jump the gun and order the hops I think I need+want, discover I want some more/different hops and place a second order. I would have been happy to cover shipping on 2 different orders since it was totally me. These guys catch it, ask me to pick out hops equal to 1 shipping fee, combined my order and it is on the way!!!!

I have found my new hops supplier and I get to support a new local business; my LHBS weeps as I type this...

:tank:

Back