Football Tailgating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstnten

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas to bring my beer to tailgate at NYG stadium. I have season tickets.

I was looking at this product:

Party Keg Systems

or maybe a tapbox...

or maybe just bring a few growlers....

I was wondering what you guys would suggest.

Do you keg yet? Cornies are easy to transport and you can just throw it in a bucket of ice or get more crazy with it if you want.

RUB265500GY_1_1.JPG

+

rebuilt%20kegs.jpg

+

icebags2.jpg

I Keg I have 3, 5 gallon kegs. The only thing is I have the taps in the fridg door. What are the taps called that are like the ones on the beer balls. I guess that would be the way togo although dragging the CO2 tank around is not real appealing to me.

What I would suggest is to buy or make some carbonator caps and bring the beer in 2 liter soda bottles. Nothing extra to carry fits nicely in a cooler.

Firstnten - Jet or Giants fan? I'll be there to this year..I'm a Jet fan so you know that I drink a lot! I just started kegging and I'm thinking that the growlers are the easiest way to go. Throw the growlers in the freezer and turn down the pressure of the keg to about 3 psi. Fill them up and keep them ice cold and you won't lose that much pressure.

I tailgate for Husker football games every game of every season and I put a corny in a kitchen sized trash can . The lid fits on it and with the trash liner sticking out from under the lid it looks very much like a container used for our trash.

Firstnten - Jet or Giants fan? I'll be there to this year..I'm a Jet fan so you know that I drink a lot! I just started kegging and I'm thinking that the growlers are the easiest way to go. Throw the growlers in the freezer and turn down the pressure of the keg to about 3 psi. Fill them up and keep them ice cold and you won't lose that much pressure.

Giants fan, 3psi? Why so low?

get a nice Diamond Plate toolbox for the truck, put a cooler inside to keep the kegs cold, and you can even mount the faucett out of the tooldbox. The one guy i knew that did this, would remove the shank and put a plug in the hole when it was not in use. he used 3gal kegs for height restrictions.

Get yourself a 20oz paintball cylinder and a pin-valve regulator. I know they have em at kegconnection.com but not sure where else? I have one and I use it when I go to parties, etc. Get the paintball tank filled at a hardware store for 3 bucks, and it will dispense a handful of cornies. I built biermuncher's trasherator and it is run off the above mentioned co2 system, and I love it. Hell...build biermunchers trasherator! I put 4 bags of ice in mine on a friday afternoon, and it stayed outside until Sunday morning, and still had about 2lb of ice in it!

Growlers would be easy if you only had a couple of guys drinking, but you'd have to drink it up or risk oxidation. Kegs would be best and there are numerous ways of setting up a keg system. You could go with the trash can setup, or build a jockey box out of a cooler.

I like the tool box idea. That's pretty sweet.

Growlers would be easy if you only had a couple of guys drinking, but you'd have to drink it up or risk oxidation. Kegs would be best and there are numerous ways of setting up a keg system. You could go with the trash can setup, or build a jockey box out of a cooler.

I like the tool box idea. That's pretty sweet.

CO2 injector, cartridges, and a faucet.

https://morebeer.com/view_product/18301

I'm gonna go with the above stuff. under 100 bucks. I guess I could use the CO2 injector with a jockeybox. I may be able to swipe one from a bar I used to work at they have a big outdoor section where they use those things. or I may just bet the tap show below in the link. Either way I'll post some pics from the home opener. 9/13/09 vs Washington.

Giants fan, 3psi? Why so low?

Actually you can keep it at 10 but you need a hose to go down into the bottom of the growler to try and prevent splashing and co2 loss.

Growlers would be easy if you only had a couple of guys drinking

Believe it or not out of the 15 guys at the tailgate Im lucky if 3 or 4 people try the beer..These are old school BMC guys and I try not to scare them with any SRM over 1..lol

When you bust out a keg, you tend to get a lot more takers. People aren't as afraid of trying because they get just take a sip and not risk having to finish the bottle. After that they realize they like it. Sloppiness and increased keg buoyancy ensue.

When you bust out a keg, you tend to get a lot more takers. People aren't as afraid of trying because they get just take a sip and not risk having to finish the bottle. After that they realize they like it. Sloppiness and increased keg buoyancy ensue.
LMAO!!!:tank:

I think you came in here just to gloat about the season tix ;-)

I'd just go with a cube style wheeled cooler, drop the corny in, fill the sides with ice and add water. The $15 charger device and about half a dozen 12gram cartridges will push a full keg. It's a more pricey dispense method, but it's ultra compact.

I think you came in here just to gloat about the season tix ;-)

I'd just go with a cube style wheeled cooler, drop the corny in, fill the sides with ice and add water. The $15 charger device and about half a dozen 12gram cartridges will push a full keg. It's a more pricey dispense method, but it's ultra compact.

I'm looking to unload the jets giants perseason game if you know anyone interested. I see you are part of the Whales brewing club I had my rehearsal dinner at JJ bittings. Small world...

I used the Ball lock tap and 16g CO2 set up for this pastweekends game. And used a kitchen garbage can to hold the keg. It worked great I have a pic on my cellphone that I should upload. I was shocked at how well it worked.

Or bottle from the keg. That's what I always do. I would say that the amount of time and effort to transport/cool/dispense from a keg is probably just as great as bottling. And when bottling, everything is taken care of beforehand so less effort during party time.

Granted, it doesn't look as cool as bringing a keg.

I never really thought of this but I can definitely see how it would be true. Good point.

I currently have all the equipment for a kegging setup minus some of the fittings and a fridge/freezer. Mobility of a kegging setup is one thing that has refrained me from getting all the other supplies I need for a full setup. These ideas help to show that kegging really is not that cumbersome and I'm getting tired of having all these stupid bottles sitting around the house waiting to be cleaned.

Back