So Like, I Heard You Can Make Your Own Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I'm back, you bastards! :D

I've got two weeks off starting Friday. By the time I go back to work, I hope to finally have a fully functional brewery. The only thing slowing me down is that our washer broke a couple weeks ago, and basically flooded the place. So, I have all that to take care of as well. I gotta find a place that will fab my AG stand for me, because I'm not going to have time to do it myself. Plus, I should probably get a plan together......

Welcome back old friend.

Sorry I didn't call you back--been down and out with a cold this week. I didn't get out of bed on Monday!

So what is the first brew?

Drinking anything good?

Dude said:
Welcome back old friend.

Sorry I didn't call you back--been down and out with a cold this week. I didn't get out of bed on Monday!

So what is the first brew?

Drinking anything good?

I was waiting for you to reply, you knob. You gotta fill me in on the QOTSA show!

BTW, I got the beers....thank ya thank ya! I'm going to have to do a search and find out what "SOS" is. ;) I got back late Monday, so it's mainly been SNPA. The Class VI got in quite a few Trappist beers, so I'll be sampling them in the coming days. I'll probably sample yours this weekend.

SwAMi75 said:
I was waiting for you to reply, you knob. You gotta fill me in on the QOTSA show!

BTW, I got the beers....thank ya thank ya! I'm going to have to do a search and find out what "SOS" is. ;) I got back late Monday, so it's mainly been SNPA. The Class VI got in quite a few Trappist beers, so I'll be sampling them in the coming days. I'll probably sample yours this weekend.

This thread is starting to have PM written all over it. If I have to hear Dude say "I wish I could quit you" I'm gonna puke.

Go to friggin Montana.

:)

Seriously Swami, welcome back. Glad you're safe.

Dude, the show wasn't anything like the one we saw.

The setlist wasn't that great--they played all of EV but one song I think.

Josh almost seemed drunk and kind of going through the motions. Not near the magic of 2005.

That NorVa is a nasty, dirty place. :)

Oh, and to answer the question I missed.....I might try my hand at a hopped up mild, a la Pride and Joy. Which reminds me, I need to do some hop shopping. :rockin:

All my grain sat out in the shed through the summer, so it's gonna have to be tossed. :( So, I'll probably be buying small amounts until (hopefully) I can get in on a group buy.

HOLY F#$&... weird.

I was thinking of pm'ing Dude earlier this evening to see how you were.

Then I drank some more and forgot about it. :D

Refresher 101....

Now, to make good beer, you get everything and anything from around the house that slightly resembles ingredients in beer, you then mix em' up and stash them in the ceiling for a month. Then you put them in a 2 liter for like 3 days, then drink all of it within an hour and a half....

Trust me, it'll only slightly taste like beer.... :drunk:

Welcome back to the mayhem man! Great to see you! :mug:

Ize

SwAMi....Here is the set lists I promised:

Sep. 25th, 2007:
Medication
sick sick sick
if only
do it again
3's and 7's
I think I lost my Headache
in the fade
misfit love
into the hollow
burn the witch
run pig run
little sister
battery acid
make it with you
turning on the screw
song for the deaf
song for the dead

encore
no one knows

March 20th 2005

Someone's in the Wolf
Feel Good Hit of the Summer
Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
Tangled up in Plaid
Broken Box
Leg of Lamb
Little Sister
Hangin' Tree
In My Head
God is in the Radio
Burn the Witch
Song for the Deaf
Song for the Dead
I Never Came
Avon
Mexicola
How to Handle A Rope
Go with the Flow
I Think I Lost my Headache
Precious and Grace
Regular John

Something I didn't tell you earlier--Misfit Love is a killer song on the disc...it was unbelievable live. It is really a song that needs to be played LOUD, and LIVE.

Dude said:
SwAMi....Here is the set lists I promised:

Holy crap man, that looks like a good show to me! I know what you mean about Misfit Love. I crank the **** out of that song regularly....I'd love to hear it live. :rockin:

Even if the show did suck, I'm still sorry I missed it. :(

Opening with Medication: Wierd.
Songs 5-8 on the setlist: That ROCKED.

Yah, I wish you coulda seen it--but hold confidence that the one in '05 was 10 times better, IMHO.

Ize said:
HOLY F#$&... weird.

Refresher 101....

Now, to make good beer, you get everything and anything from around the house that slightly resembles ingredients in beer, you then mix em' up and stash them in the ceiling for a month. Then you put them in a 2 liter for like 3 days, then drink all of it within an hour and a half....

Trust me, it'll only slightly taste like beer.... :drunk:

Welcome back to the mayhem man! Great to see you! :mug:

Ize

I think there were probably some guys in Iraq doing something along those lines. Personally, I just did without!

And thanks! :mug:

Back