What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trappistes Rochefort 8. Absolutely amazing beer.

ForumRunner_20120130_002050.jpg

Moylan's kilt lifter,liking this better today recapped bomber from yesterday,slightly flatter but bigger head, but the wisky taste aroma is a little less noticable which threw me off,not use to a beer tasting like i was going to do a shot of something.

The maltiness in this is great though, dont think i ever remember having scotch either.Pretty authentic character to this though, and i got it for 3 bucks.Probably aged for a while too,not too many people around here are into good beer,put it this way there are many barleywines in this small liquor store that have been sitting for a good year or two, but just got a year old SN estate ale for 7 bucks just to see the differnece in flavor/hop intensity from the new one.Ive tried them many months old and seen the difference but not a year.They dont put their good ipa's in the refrigerater either-except stone's sixers but not bombers. Althought the AB held up pretty well months after the drink by date on the shelf.

Single hopped Centennial Pale Ale.

So far I like it better than its Cascade version. More tests are required...

Saranac White IPA, finally figuring this one out after four bottles. Basically it's Blue Moon with a s#!tload more hops. Not bad, not drop dead wonderful either, i'd give it another go.

Red hook esb and now finishing the 6 pack. Of Sam Adams alpine spring

Year old SN estate ale,still delicious but aroma is a bit mellow until it warms then its noticable, flavor is great massive lacing stilll nice bitter still same great taste, mildly flatter in the middle still a great beer,one of my favorates. lots of residual pineyness.

just kicked the keg of cherry wheat- and i was supposed to bottle some. oh well. time to put a pilsner on...

Boston lager... friend left it over after having a crowd over for beers and dinner.

Really not to bad of an easy drinking beer while cooking.

On deck is an Anderson valley winter solstice, which is in my top 3 favorite winter beers this year.

I flew out to the east coast for meetings this week, and I'm using the opportunity to sample beers I can't get in LA.

I had a few kinda sketchy NC brews in the Charlotte airport, but there was a standout Munich dunkel from olde micklenberg (?) brewing that was very enjoyable.

Right now I am drinking my first Smuttynose beer, their "finest kind" IPA. It is not bad with the exception of finishing a bit harsh for my taste. I am guessing they use something rather high in cohumulone for their bittering addition(s).

I am drinking a few of my Sleepy Hollow Pumpkinhead Ales and then will probably end the night with an Ithica Flower Power.

My clone of Lakefronts IBA I got from NB. Being a hophead this is one of the best beers I've had...ever.

weirdboy said:
I flew out to the east coast for meetings this week, and I'm using the opportunity to sample beers I can't get in LA.

I had a few kinda sketchy NC brews in the Charlotte airport, but there was a standout Munich dunkel from olde micklenberg (?) brewing that was very enjoyable.

Right now I am drinking my first Smuttynose beer, their "finest kind" IPA. It is not bad with the exception of finishing a bit harsh for my taste. I am guessing they use something rather high in cohumulone for their bittering addition(s).

Where were you in NC? Charlotte only?

ok- so now i just changed two kegs and kegged a dopplebock. I don't know if any other seasonal brewers are feeling the pains of 50 degrees in january- but i am. plus my sledding skills are rapidly deteriorating. i may have to take up wakeboarding of this keeps up...
oh and i'm drinking a continental pilsner

just kicked the keg of cherry wheat- and i was supposed to bottle some. oh well. time to put a pilsner on...

I keep looking for a good cheery wheat recipe. Care to share?

Edit: Just finished my first "sample" of my Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale clone on tap to see how the carbonation is coming along. I can see that this beer is going to be a problem....in that it's 11:30pm and I want to go sample some more and want to start on another batch of this TOMORROW.

Could you private message me the recipe for the sn celebration ale clone please? :)

SWMBO picked up ANOTHER mixed six pack from the mega-booze store, so I've got about 13 commercial brew varieties and 9 different homebrews to choose from.

I keep going to the fridge, but I can't decide what to drink. :)

I am sorry you're having problems. You will get through this, just keep your head up!:mug:

Strong coffee,then some kinda lime crystal light. Too early for the Burton ales we'll have later.
Post # 8,525! Where everything you see do & say,was in the pill,you took today. Now it's been 10,000 years...man has brewed a billion beers. Maybe not too far away,they'll be another brew day...:mug:

Back