Elgin Club - To all Elginites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk888smooth

Reaction score
I am looking to see if there are any folks in the Elgin area that might be interested in starting a Homebrew Club. I'd love to coordinate a few brewing sessions and swap a few brews and recipes with peepz in the area.

I am fairly skilled at technical projects and would love to help my brothern with their keezer conversion or whatever the project may be.

If we get to the right size we can find a local spot such as the Elgin Riverside Club or Elgin Public house for our meetings.

Thoughts? My buddy and I are here on the Northeast side if anyone wants to join us for a brew session some time! We have a "young guy" palette so we tend to brew many IPA, APA, and English-style ales. Though I have much to learn in ways of lagering, etc

Kory

I live in Algonquin and work in Elgin right by 31 and 90. I'll follow this thread.

Midnight carboys meet at Dukes in Crystal Lake and Club Wort meets at Durty Nellies in Palatine. Club Wort is a good time. Plenty of members so there is always plenty of brew.

There's Northern Illinois Homebrew Club too but not sure where they meet. Contact SathingtonWilloby (sp) for more info. He represents them in hop contracts buys that we run. Good luck.

Yea, there are clubs in St. Charles as well, but nothing seems to be right in Elgin. We'll I will keep this thread open and maybe down the line if someone is interested they can give a shout out.

im in elgin and live just down the street from riverside

I'll PM you my cell. We can figure out when our next brew sessions are. I'm near Riverside as well right by old Sherman.

lol thats funny we could be neighbors im only to blocks from old sherman

Will be brewing tomorrow around 11AM. Glynn I will txt you address. PM me if you're interested in joining!

Sorry we missed you! Successfully brewed a Gumball Head Clone and an Oktoberfest...now the waiting game!

Sorry we missed you! Successfully brewed a Gumball Head Clone and an Oktoberfest...now the waiting game!

wished i could have made it. i Googled your address you only live one block away from me. we should swap some brews some time

Yes, for sure! I've got a few bottled now, but always something on tap! We'll run into one another soon enough.

if you ever get caught in a bind and need something on the fly let me know. I usually have a 100 lbs + or so of 2 row, a great crusher, plenty of washed wyeast, (american, ringwood, northwest ale) and a good varity of hops (citra, amarillo, simco, cascade, cent, columbus, palisade, fuggle, ekg)

Thanks man! I may just need your assistance some time! I've got 50lbs of 2-row and 50lbs of white wheat also, a pound of citra and a pound of amarillo so let me know if you nee the same!

Kory

No official club yet, but a gathering of brewers has commenced. It will probably be a couple weeks from now, but if you're brewing, let us know! We might swing by and exchange a few brews. I'll probably brew again in a couple of weeks again if you'd like to join us.

Hey Glynn + Eli -

Either of you heading to pick up for the group buy? Weighing my options here. I'd be happy to pitch in some gas money if either of you are already planning on going. I've only got about 100lbs and some hops.

Thoughts? Other Elgin area folks?

Thanks,
Kory

Im planning on going but not sure which day yet, im off this coming sun/mon so it will be one of thos days. Id be happy to pick up your stuff kori since were so close but my car is small so it will be maxed out with your and my load. if your around this thurs ill be brewing ing the morning, i usually start around nine am and finish up around one

Im planning on going but not sure which day yet, im off this coming sun/mon so it will be one of thos days. Id be happy to pick up your stuff kori since were so close but my car is small so it will be maxed out with your and my load. if your around this thurs ill be brewing ing the morning, i usually start around nine am and finish up around one

Please try for Sunday.
:)

Glynn - The Porsche doesn't have a lot of room for grain huh? ;) I'll unfortunately be at work all day Thursday unless I somehow work from home. I'll swing by if I do end up being available.

What do you think about having Eli (cheesecake) pick up for us?

Whoever is heading that way and willing to help me out, I'm happy to throw in some gas money (or beer) for the trip!

Thanks,
Kory

kori

I tried the pale ale, the one with the l on the cap. nicely done whats the recipe like on that one

Back