Mystery readout on WILLHI 240 v.controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratface246

Reaction score
Fitted willhi controller to a brew belt. it responds to switching on and off and also when I set the temperature required for diacetyl stage of a Bock beer . The temp readout lasts for perhaps 15 seconds then changes to EEE. I can't see anything which refers to such a readout on the instruction list. It does mention HHH and LLL which I have not come across as yet. The language is weird to say the least ; very stilted and clearly not mainstream English and difficult to make sense of. I have selected H for heating at 65*F in my cold garage but the belt stays firmly cold. Can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thanking you in anticipation.

I discovered in another forum that EEE readout is an alert for temperature sensor problems. I therefore replaced the damaged part with a new thermistor and re-connected. The Willhi WH7016G now works perfectly. This may be of assistance to others with the same problem.

Back