Whadya Munch When You Drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I just plain laugh when I see 'pairings' in regard to drinking AG beer and food. Those folks just ain't me. :D

Me and my ilk just like good beer, THEN eat, so's we can get home safe and not F*** up a good buzz while we're at it. :D

To me, hands down, it's peanuts-regular, lightly salted peanuts (in or out of the shell) that just make it all work.

What's your nutritive intake, when imbibing?

*Note- if you are the 'pairings type', please!, don't post here...PLEASE! :D

BBQ food. Anything.
Crisps.
Nuts.
Good dark Chocolate

Bizzare stuff. Last night I boiled up 2 blue swimmer crabs! Bit fiddly but tasty.

I'll give you a hint:

EdWortsVisit.jpg

Drill2.jpg

dibby33 said:
BBQ food. Anything.
Crisps.
Nuts.
Good dark Chocolate

Bizzare stuff. Last night I boiled up 2 blue swimmer crabs! Bit fiddly but tasty.

What's a crisp??

OlllO-lighten up, dude?! It's a hobby, a love and an obsession. It's not a self-worth thing...non-competiton...You can eat whatever you like to eat.
-Peace Bro-:)

peanuts are good, so are pretzels -- that kind of stuff is really more of my typical liquor munchies though

I don't always eat when I drink beer, if I did I'd weigh a ton

Henry Hill said:
What's a crisp??

OlllO-lighten up, dude?! It's a hobby, a love and an obsession. It's not a self-worth thing...non-competiton...You can eat whatever you like to eat.
-Peace Bro-:)

A crisp is a potato chip to us. A chip is a fry to a Brit.

I just want to make sure I play by your rules, man. My wife makes Chex with 3 kinds of Chex. Rice, Wheat and Corn.

How is my worth compared to a snackfood?

I like to make a whole night of it:

Pizza and/or wings to start. Substitute the alcohol soaking food of choice at will.

Chex Mix, peanuts, chips, etc while bellying up to the bar.

Drunk-cooked everything-in-a-skillet breakfast somewhere between 2 and 6 AM.

Yuri_Rage said:
I like to make a whole night of it:

Pizza and/or wings to start. Substitute the alcohol soaking food of choice at will.

Chex Mix, peanuts, chips, etc while bellying up to the bar.

Drunk-cooked everything-in-a-skillet breakfast somewhere between 2 and 6 AM.

Laughing out loud ,AGAIN!:D

Variety is the spice of life! I wanna party with you, Yuri.:D

-more laughing out loud-

mr_stimey said:
Beef and Wild game sticks/Jerky
Cheese
Peanuts

Mmmmm, black peppered jerky fringgin' ROCKS...venison, beef, whatever-addicted!

Cheese is good, but I'm wondering about a way to not have it 'bind' me up...so much...but ANY cheese is a good cheese...what's the trick to eating cheese and not have it aim back?

Sometimes Pizza.
Sometimes Chocolate and/or chocolate covered peanuts or Caramello's.
Sometimes those hard sourdough pretzels.
Beernuts are cool too.
I'm drinking Edworts Apfelwein right know and i'm not eating anything...

Yeup : Chips are hot fellows. i.e. a chip off a potato, not a slice, that is a crisp. Anyho, you strange people refer to them as French Fries! What a hoot.

What we call chips you call crisps, and what we call fries you call chips. In the end it is all potato and grease, but only the thickness and crispness that varies.

dibby33 said:
Chips are hot fellows. i.e. a chip off a potato, not a slice, that is a crisp. Anyho, you strange people refer to them as French Fries! What a hoot.

Dare I say "Oreo" and launch the cookie vs biscuit discussion? :p (Biscuit!)

I don't usually eat when I have a couple of beers (watching my weight) but if I go out and have more than a pitcher, I order a big order of greasy fries. My reasoning is that the grease prevents me from hangovers.

At my size, it's really easy to gain weight, and I like beer. So I think of beer as my "snack food" of choice!

Ain't nothin' better than somethin' CHOCOLATY.... I know I'm running the risk of "pairing", but a gooey brownie or some chocolate ice cream just plain complements the taste of a good beer!

Carpet.

I actually try not to snack while I'm drinking. I'll usually eat a pretty solid meal before I'm getting my drink on, but I work at a snack food manufacturer, so there's always bags of snacks around my house.

ohiobrewtus said:
Carpet.

I actually try not to snack while I'm drinking. I'll usually eat a pretty solid meal before I'm getting my drink on, but I work at a snack food manufacturer, so there's always bags of snacks around my house.

I was wondering how long it was gonna take to make the connection there. Good job, brewtus...:mug: :mug:

It depends. Like brewtus, a lot of the time I go drinking after dinner, so I dont crave snacking. But sometimes, I will snack when i am just having a couple of pints around the house. Typically I go with the reduced fat wheat thins. I am addicted to those things. I love em. And of course beer always goes wonderfully with pizza and wings.

Anytime I have Guinness I usually have a couple of Reisens chocolates with it. The flavors don't really mesh that well, but I like it!

I also have english muffins with any sort of beer, they always seem to go well together for me.

Bike N Brew said:
Oh, so close...but no cigar. I don't usually eat chips, but I'll make an exception for these (cooked in lard, baby!): http://www.utzsnacks.com/products/grandmachips.html

Ever try Martins? They do a lard version. Best thing about Pennsylvania ( and being living in dutch country ) is it is the snack food capital of the world There are dozens of local patato chip manufacturers ( can even but them still hot!) plus pretzels, cheesteaks etc. They make stuff that I have never heard of before. Pittsburg rocks for junk food too, some really wild sandwich combos that would go great with a homebrew.

Utz Party Mix

or if I'm out, BAR FOOD. A good bacon cheeseburger and fries will do it.

im a meat man so to my beer i have:

Dried meat
Dried salted meat
Dried salted smoked meat
Barbecued meat
ive even ordered some pounds black pepper jerky from the states (to sweden) loved it.
And then we have this hungarian guy that makes tasty spicy sausages here for stores... i usually buy a couple of kilos right from the smoker
from him ... yumm yumm

Any spicy meat really!

Kevin Dean said:
Dare I say "Oreo" and launch the cookie vs biscuit discussion? :p (Biscuit!)

Never thought about that one before... give me a min...

Cookies are just another word for biscuits. Different issue from the crisp / chip / fry problem. A chip in Oz is a Crisp and a "Hot Chip" is a Chip / fry.
They have no "crisps" here, just chip.

All said and done they are all good. btw I am on a diet just now and hanging out for chips, fries, hot chips, cold chips, fried potato slices, fried potato chunks, wedges... ;)

Latest posts

Back