build a 10gal conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingChemist

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So Ive like the idea of a conical alot, but I don't like the prices. Do you think it would be possible to take a 10gallon corny and modify it? I've seen sites that talk about building your own 14gallon conical.....I personally don't know if I have the the time/supplies/etc to do it, but thought I'd throw it out there for all you DIY types and see what you think?

yeah, sure, you just have to take all the design considerations into account (not that easy without a good amount of thinking).

but, yes you can do it.

What is the point of making a conical out of a corny? Are you going to harvest yeast during the ferment process? If not don't bother with the conversion idea. I use a 15 gallon corny for my fermenting, when done I transfer beer under CO2 pressure to serving kegs and if I wanted I could pump the remaining yeast from the keg into a separate vessel under CO2 pressure.

Latest posts

Back