The Lazy-Ass, No Steep Pilsen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1ryno

Reaction score
This is what I modeled on hopville:

2.5 gallons (my other fermenter... ahem Mr. Beer Barrel)

3 lbs Briess Pilsen Light LME
12 ozs Cane Sugar (sucrose)

0.8 oz Halletau
0.25 oz Kent Goldings

US-05 Yeast

3% SRM (yellow)
26.9 IBU
5.9% ABV

Name: The Lazy-Ass, No Steep Pilsen
----

should be better than Coors Light right?

It's not going to be very complex and maybe a bit dry, but if its good and cold, I'd drink it!

It's not going to be very complex and maybe a bit dry, but if its good and cold, I'd drink it!

So... throttle back on the sugar and add more LME? For this one, I am not looking for complexity as I want an easy drinker to mix in with my darks.

I will try both types perhaps.

I'd not do any of the sugar and just stick with the LME. It will be what your looking for. Fwiw, I've experimented before making 1/3 of my fermentables corn sugar. It still looked like beer but man was it dry. On the flip side I did a batch that was nothing but 6lb of extra light DME and 2oz of EKG fermented with S05. That was an easy drinker that nobody loved but everyone liked well enough to kick that keg first.

I'd not do any of the sugar and just stick with the LME. It will be what your looking for. Fwiw, I've experimented before making 1/3 of my fermentables corn sugar. It still looked like beer but man was it dry. On the flip side I did a batch that was nothing but 6lb of extra light DME and 2oz of EKG fermented with S05. That was an easy drinker that nobody loved but everyone liked well enough to kick that keg first.

That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Thanks

Besides... I have been doing some heavy research on hops tonight and I am starting to build a list:

Simcoe
Amarillo
Crystal

I thought I might like Brewer's Gold, but it seems high in cohumulone.

Besides... I have been doing some heavy research on hops tonight and I am starting to build a list:

Simcoe
Amarillo
Crystal

I thought I might like Brewer's Gold, but it seems high in cohumulone.

Any other hop suggestions for a nice tasting Pilsner?

Crsytal are a Hallertauer descendant (as are Liberty and Mt Hood). Very good aroma.

Back