any growler traders here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenShowerGladiator

Reaction score
i send Sun King and Flat 12 growlers out all the time and was hoping some posters close to breweries like Alpine, Cigar City, Green Flash, Port, Russian River, Ballast Point, Odell, etc.. are willing to trade.

Absolutely, they do. Here's what I do...

Step 1: purchase growler and NEVER open it
Step 2: tighten the cap down as hard as you can
Step 3: i use electrical tape around the cap to keep it from potentially leaked which it never has
Step 4: give it a nice fluffy bed to relax in during transit

that's all there is to it. i ship Sun King growlers to a fellow HBT'er on here every few weeks and have received several from him. i've had growlers hold in the fridge for 3 weeks without any loss of carbonation. the key is never opening it from the second it's purchased.

I agree, growlers aren't that difficult to ship. Get this man some growlers folks! He's an amazing person to trade with!

^^^What Javier said^^^

He's gonna be loading me up on growlers when he moves to Colorado next month. You guys should do the same. And for Christ's sake people...text with your traders. It's so much easier than checking the HBT app

GoldenShowerGladiator said:
Absolutely, they do. Here's what I do...

Step 1: purchase growler and NEVER open it
Step 2: tighten the cap down as hard as you can
Step 3: i use electrical tape around the cap to keep it from potentially leaked which it never has
Step 4: give it a nice fluffy bed to relax in during transit

that's all there is to it. i ship Sun King growlers to a fellow HBT'er on here every few weeks and have received several from him. i've had growlers hold in the fridge for 3 weeks without any loss of carbonation. the key is never opening it from the second it's purchased.

Did Sun King release they're new batch of Popcorn pilsner yet? I know its supposed to come out soon. I'd be willing to do a growler trade if you can get me a growler of that!

Sun King bought a bunch of popcorn a few weeks back and posted about it on facebook. I'll let you know as soon as they tap it. Do Flying Fish do growlers by you?

GoldenShowerGladiator said:
Sun King bought a bunch of popcorn a few weeks back and posted about it on facebook. I'll let you know as soon as they tap it. Do Flying Fish do growlers by you?

Sometimes I can get growlers of it in my local bottle shop. It's hit or miss. And you can't get it at the brewery cause they're still relocating. There are some pretty decent local small breweries that put good stuff out too. Right now Carton brewery GORP is on tap. Really good stuff. If your interested in that otherwise I can give you a list of whats available at the time popcorn pilsner comes out.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/carton-gorp-trail-ale/202137/

If your really interested I can make a list of everything available for growler fills and ill PM it to you. Probably won't be able to get you a list until tommorow though. Let me know

Cheers
Ed

ed5388 said:
Sometimes I can get growlers of it in my local bottle shop. It's hit or miss. And you can't get it at the brewery cause they're still relocating. There are some pretty decent local small breweries that put good stuff out too. Right now Carton brewery GORP is on tap. Really good stuff. If your interested in that otherwise I can give you a list of whats available at the time popcorn pilsner comes out.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/carton-gorp-trail-ale/202137/

+1. Love me some GORP! Carton makes a few good beers. And I love Kane's Port Omna.

Just got a growler update from the liquor store by my house if anyone is interested in any of these:

· B. Nektar – Zombie Killer
· Left Hand Brewing – Twin Sisters IPA
· Goose Island – Matilda
· Maredsous – 8 Brune
· Goose Island – Naughty Goose
· Carton – Milk Stout
· Lost Abbey – Ten Commandments
· Stoudts – Scarlet Lady ESB
· Breckenridge – Vanilla Porter
· Stone – Double Bastard
· Firestone Walker – Union Jack IPA

Hoplander said:
Just got a growler update from the liquor store by my house if anyone is interested in any of these:

· B. Nektar – Zombie Killer
· Left Hand Brewing – Twin Sisters IPA
· Goose Island – Matilda
· Maredsous – 8 Brune
· Goose Island – Naughty Goose
· Carton – Milk Stout
· Lost Abbey – Ten Commandments
· Stoudts – Scarlet Lady ESB
· Breckenridge – Vanilla Porter
· Stone – Double Bastard
· Firestone Walker – Union Jack IPA

:drunk: edit: I:'d be willing to trade for something of equal value that I can't get in nj. I like stouts, porters, sours and I'm always open to local stuff.

Back