Frustrations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugleBrew

Reaction score
5th all grain down, 5th time getting below 70% efficiency, 5th time ending up with less than five gallons at the end. On the upside, today was the first time I got a proper cold break. At least, I hope that's what it is.

I'm frustrated because it always turns out tasting good, but I'm never getting the results I'm striving for. I've done lots of reading, tried several different methods, and now it just seems like I need to start over and be ridiculously meticulous next time in order to figure out how to get it right.

I used to have that problem.

Efficiency went 80% plus when I started crushing my own grains with a barley crusher.

Less than five gallons I solved by brewing 6 gallon batches and scaling my recipes accordingly. I always end up with over 5 gallons now.

My best small investment was Beersmith software. Don't leave home without it. :rockin:

I wonder how long it will take to pay off a barley crusher. Figure you're spending less on grain, using less grain per batch, and the grain you have stores better. Vent away if that's what the intent was. Typically if you post about low efficiency and your current process, someone will give some intelligent advice on how you could improve it. Then you can stop being pissed about low %s and start posting about awesome brew sessions.

"Not looking for suggestions now, just venting some frustration."

Great, glad I bothered reading this thread, will not make the mistake of reading another of yours.

Solidarity brothers (and sisters)! Let the man rant. I'm sure at times you've been frustrated too. Keep at it monk, you'll get there....:mug:

"Not looking for suggestions now, just venting some frustration."

Great, glad I bothered reading this thread, will not make the mistake of reading another of yours.

man, you sure are negative for a happy monk.... Must be the celibacy :D

j/k:mug:

Back