Bottled water help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerturn11

Reaction score
Hey guys need some advice. I just relocated from Utah to Pueblo West CO. I've made two batches of beer since I've been here and both turned out terrible, with an odd aftertaste I'm fairly certain that its from The chlorinated water, water also may contain chlorimines but I'm having a hard time finding a water report for where I live. I've never had a problem like this before so I wasn't prepared. I'm brewing Sunday so I don't have time to get any campden tablets so I'm going The bottled water route for a short term fix. Does bottled water contain chlorine or chlorimines? Does anybody have a particular brand they've liked? Thanks in advance.

Powerturn11 said:
Possibly. If it says that it was bottled from a municipal source, it might. If you are doing extract, you can use RO water no problem, since the extract has minerals. AG, you would need some minerals in there.

HerbieHowells said:
Possibly. If it says that it was bottled from a municipal source, it might. If you are doing extract, you can use RO water no problem, since the extract has minerals. AG, you would need some minerals in there.

That's what I mean. It's hard to find out that information. I'm doing all-grain now so I was hoping that somebody would chime in that uses bottled water. Just a temporary solution to a bad problem.

Powerturn11 said:
That's what I mean. It's hard to find out that information. I'm doing all-grain now so I was hoping that somebody would chime in that uses bottled water. Just a temporary solution to a bad problem.
q

My local water has chloromines in it so use bottled water for all of my brews and it works just fine.

beergolf said:
My local water has chloromines in it so use bottled water for all of my brews and it works just fine.

Do you have a particular brand you like?

I usually just grab the store brand spring water.

+1. I like Spring Water from HEB, a Texas grocery store chain. The water, I believe, comes from the Edwards Aquifer and is very tasty. It works well for me.

For extract brews, I do half distilled and half spring water to keep the mineral content in check. For all grain, I do all spring water.

Back