Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Tyler, nickname is Ty. SWMBO is a cute little redhead whose nickname is Red.

Therefore, Red Tie Brewing Co.

My Brew Buddy and I have become almost like brothers over the past 18 years...Brathair is Gaelic for Brother...we both have Scotish roots

attachment.php

BB.jpg

Muddy Creek Brewing Co. Named after my signature beer. (Which incidentally a co-worker named as I was trying to think of a good name for my chocolate oatmeal stout.)

Well I was going to go with Blue Lion Brewing, but then I was going to WalMart to get some flea shampoo for my girlfriend's cat and saw a Blue Lion Spa.

Now I am thinking Lion Star Brewing or Blue Eyed Lion Brewing. Input?

Thinking about changing my brewing name and naming it after my kids. My son is a leo, lion, and my newborn daughter is a pisces, fish. So im thinking about LionFish Brewing.

JohnGonk said:
Thinking about changing my brewing name and naming it after my kids. My son is a leo, lion, and my newborn daughter is a pisces, fish. So im thinking about LionFish Brewing.

I like that. Mine is after my kids also. 6foot brewing. Because I have six kids.

JohnGonk said:

Would be neat to see a label if this.

Thanks...a logo is in the works...im pretty artistic and can come up with ideas, they just dont translate very well onto a computer. So may take some time.

When you have these silly things around, you just have to roll with it.
Bela is the ring leader, that's her in the label. Tobias, aka Kitty-T(RIP) is pictured in my avatar.

NCB (4).jpg

About to start my very first brew tomorrow... Brewery to be named 'Doghouse Brewery', as the wife has had me there since I bought the brewing gear!!

First beer will be called 'Eager Virgin' as it sums me up in relation to my approach the homebrew!

Cheers!

Not that anyone really cares: I have decided I don't care that there is a Blue Lion Salon already, I am staying with the Blue Lion Brewing name, not switching to Lion Star (sounds too much like Lone Star, which was kind of the idea admittedly).

EDIT: Oh and the story.
My mother is 100% Bavarian, my father about 25% (both are born in Germany, so are my siblings). My first memories are from living in Munich and most of my family lives in Bavaria. So the lion is the traditional symbol of Bavaria (have a large tattoo of the lion on my calf) and blue is the traditional color.

I didn't want it to be too obvious that I was referring to Bavaria, so Blue Lion had a nice ring to it. If I ever learn how to use image creation software or maybe find someone who does, I want the emblem to be the Bavarian lion in blue over the Texas star with the branches on the bottom and side.
silhouetted_bavarian_lion_by_rarayn-d4b06f2.png

seal3.gif

Incidentally that image of the lion is the same one as the tattoo I have but mine is in black with a light (Bavarian flag) blue eye.

I have an IPA on regular rotation that I incorporated my 3 girls into the name and the label. Our last name starts with C and my IPA has 3 different hops starting with C (Citra, Chinook and Cascade) so I named the IPA 'My Three C's'. They, of course, think they're pretty cool having their picture on a beer label... :mug:

Six Hounds Brewing. We have 6 dogs. 4 dachshunds, 1 Bassett hound, and a Rott-Shepard runt that is an honorary hound. This is my first label attempt.

image-3460796403.jpg

Mine is Broken Rouge Brewery. Have the lable etc in my head know just got to get SWMBO to obey me and draw it out. The name has a story behind it but its a story just for me at the moment. I declare copyright. That's legal right.

Made my way through all 198 pages and some really great stuff is out there! After thinking about this I think I have found a name that I will go with.

Dial Square Ale House--I am a very big fan of Arsenal FC and way back in the day their original name was Dial Square. For a logo I am thinking of a square clock face set to 8:14 since my two favorite players are Freddie Ljungberg who was #8 and Theirry Henry who was #14. The beer names would have an Arsenal/soccer theme.

I named my brewery "7 Cubed Brewing", after the nickname my wife and I gave to our wedding day (July 7, 2007). It helped that I already had the domain name (7cubed.ca) registered ;)

7 Cubed Brewing Logo by matthew_middleton_dot_ca, on Flickr

I used "The Village" font in homage to one of my favourite TV shows: The Prisoner: [ame]http://youtu.be/Sv813f2Xtrg[/ame]

I named mine "Donspilma brewery" pronounced "Dont spill ma" as in what you say when someone gets near your beer. I have some Donspilma porter in the fridge and a Donspilma Irish Red going into secondary tomorrow. Our motto you ask? "Give em tha D!"
Heres a rough draft of the logo, I have a buddy working on a neon sign for me.

ForumRunner_20130721_111559.png

For forty plus years, my grandfather was the only roulette wheel manufacturer in the United States. Paul Tramble Roulette Service. In honor of him, Roulette Brewing.

image-4086550900.jpg

Houston Brewing

I love my city and try to make my beer with a Texas/Houston twist

No logo yet been working my on labels

Gerhard Deuss is my great-great grandfather who immigrated from Holland in 1863. He had a brewery in Minnesota in 1864..

Marked Crazy Neighbor Brewery many years ago and you can use your imagination for why I picked the name. Needless to say, my neighbors know me and enjoy my driveway brewpub!

Some think my brewhouse name is lame, however, I like it so eff em. I am a ship fitter (steel worker) by trade and I work in the naval shipyard. We are sometimes referred to as yardbirds. Hence:

Yardbird Brewhouse

I am thinking of doing something like this for my signature logo but I want a little bit of a different twist.

images

A label I made for the upcoming football season.

BeerLabel_zps93a58e61.jpg

So, my first several idea were apparently very unoriginal, as a quick Google search shows me that they're already taken.

Here's what I'm thinking now:

Thirteen Alpha Brewing Company

13A is my MOS code (field artillery officer). I'm trying to make it Army/Artillery related if I can. I wanted to do Redleg Brewing, but there's one of those in Colorado Springs, apparently.

My HB name is based on an old B&M Railroad bridge in South Lowell, MA. Down the street from where I grew up. The logo is designed after an old Boston and Maine Railroad logo and incorporated the bridge in replacement of a minuteman.

SixArchLogo.jpg

Mine is z-man brewing co. Based on my 12 years younger little sisters inability to say my childhood nickname correctly. I am currently producing a "crossing crafts" line of brews paying homage to the many crafts I enjoy taking part in... I am a culinarian (not just a foodie, a properly trained, schooled, and got my ass beat up for 20 years in the business professional chef), a musician (rock star actually...at least in my own brain), somewhat of an artist (though most of that talent is in my mothers hands - she helps with label designs), and now a newb brewer. I've been at it for 3 months...brewed and bottles a blonde ale, an ipa and a stout. I really enjoy my newly found craft...

Was named just for sh*ts and grins "Crooked Rooster Brews" as in I like chicken wings and brews, plus it sounds better than drunken chicken :) Now it seems to be taking off. Got 3 sources of investment funding considering our proposal for a concept brewpub with an area for John Q. Public to do mini mash brews located west of Jacksonville, FL (Looking like $500K to make it turnkey). Wife is helping me with some of the artsy fartsy stuff.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

I've been bouncing around 3 ideas for a name all related to my current career field in the Airforce.

Weapons grade brewery
462 brewery in honor of the old designator to my career field or
2w1 brewery which is my current afsc

I recently started shaving my head bald and proclaimed to my workmates that this summer I would have a golden dome. One of them suggested I name my homebrew that. I am also fat so all of my brews will have a fat theme in their name. Here is my first label. In the fermenter, I have "Portlygeist" - a robust porter infused with the spirit of vanilla. Last night I brewed "Chunky Dunky" - a dunkelweizen, I think next time I make the dunkel, I will switch out or add chocolat malt to make it live up to the name.

hefty.png

Renegades Brew is named after one of our dogs. (The black tri-color Corgi)

He got that honor because the Red one got the sausages named after him: Romeo's Sausages

Of course pictures of both!

image-502272364.jpg

image-3128336606.jpg

We named ours Liberty House Brewery. Our German Shepherd, Liberty rules the house...so she got naming rights, and rights to all the spent grain and spent grain doggie biscuits she can enjoy. Brewed our first batch last night, and man did she scarf up the grain mixed in with her food.

I've been throwing around a few ideas. My girlfriend and I just moved to a town west of Boston, and up until the late 60's there used to be a subway line here called the A-Line. I was thinking of naming it A-Line Aleworks or A-Line Brewing in honor of that. Another idea I had was naming it after the Alewife, a fish from the area that was named because people thought it resembled a heavyset tavern keeper's wife. So I was thinking either Alewife Aleworks or Alewife Brewing. Thoughts?

I've been throwing around a few ideas. My girlfriend and I just moved to a town west of Boston, and up until the late 60's there used to be a subway line here called the A-Line. I was thinking of naming it A-Line Aleworks or A-Line Brewing in honor of that. Another idea I had was naming it after the Alewife, a fish from the area that was named because people thought it resembled a heavyset tavern keeper's wife. So I was thinking either Alewife Aleworks or Alewife Brewing. Thoughts?

A-Line Aleworks has a nice ring. Alewife sounds... weird. Like you are making fun of your wife.

Back