Source For Kegging Equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkman15

Reaction score
I'm finally going to take the plunge and get into kegging and I was hoping for some pointers for sites that offer good deals on intro kits (Corny, Regulator, Tubing, CO2 tank). I'm new to this and I'm not really sure what a good price is. Most I've seen come out to between $130-$175 all said and done. Any pointers?

I got my initial set from keg connection and was very pleased. I've since ordered other stuff from them as well.

I also like the chrome regulators from micromatic. My father has a couple of those and they work well and I like the relief valve.

Keg Connection sells/configures great systems and sells at a good price. This kit would be a good place to start. Then add the CO2 tank (I prefer the aluminum but you could go cheaper and get steel) and the kegs.

For a complete two keg system, including kegs and CO2 tank, you're looking at $270 plus shipping and such. I'd bet the systems you've seen for $130-$175 either include one keg, or no CO2 tank, or neither of those. Also, that's with picnic taps. If you want real faucets, you're going to add even more. The initial cost of gear isn't cheap when it comes to kegging. You save seriously in time, convenience, and gain "man points" for your system (once it reaches that level). I don't even want to THINK about how muchI have invested in my entire kegging system. :eek:

BTW, a LOT of people on these boards have had GREAT experiences with Keg Connection over the years. Myself included.

Thanks guys. I had been looking at Keg Connection. Seems like they're legit. Will start there.

Craigslist... of course, you'll be putting your own package together.
My system:
7 ball lock kegs on CL........................................... $240
5 tap tower on CL............................................... $130
5 lb C02 bottle plus fill CL and weld shop................... $61
hoses and ball lock connectors on-line......................$110
Already had a fridge and reg, so total 5-tap system... $541

Remember, a picnic faucet will work, but if you're gonna go tower faucets, you'll need 10' of 3/16" hose per faucet.

I've made some recent purchase from keg connection and I'm very happy with them.
On a purchase like this, you might want to check out craigslist to see if you can find any kegs or check out your local brew store. By local, up to a two hour drive or so is local in my book, but I live where you need to drive for anything.

I bought my first keg, CO2 thank, regulator and lines from a brew store. Bought another keg from Craigslist, got another one from the guy I bought my freezer for a kegerator from ( he was a homebrewer that was upgrading one of his kegerator's), bought two from kegconnection along with with an assortment of parts.

Back