How much did you brew this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much did you brew this year?

• None

• Less than 10 gallons

• 10 to 20 gallons

• 20 to 40 gallons

• 40 to 60 gallons

• 60 to 100 gallons

• 100 to 200 gallons

• I'd rather not say, the beer police might find out.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
This has been my first full year of brewing. I've gone from extract with specialty grain cooling in the sink with an ice bath to all grain with homemade mash tun and immersion chiller. What a year. :) A total of 12 batches this year making 54 gallons! :D I hope 2006 is even better!

I brewed almost 100 gallons and it still wasn't enough. I guess I'll have to double it for 2006 so I can still donate at all the events.

Wild

I brewed 110 this year. I went from extract with grains to all grain. Bought a 15 gallon brew pot and extra carbouys so that I can brew 10 gallon batches this year. It"s been a great year.

13 batches this year. kind of slow year for me. too much moving, hurricane runnin', job hunting. gett'n tired of all this trivial stuff interfering w/ my brew'n! ;~)

22 batches; 110g or 1056 bottles of beer in the gut :drunk: . Started the hobby in Jan 05. Went from complete newb to quite knowledgable and 98% of that came from this site. Went from kit/dme to AG after 6 months. I'll probably be in the 22-26 batches in 06 as well.

i started brewing in augest/ september and i managed to get 60 gal in started with extract to mini mash and on christmas eve did my first all grain brew

andrew

Who voted the last option? :rolleyes:

I brewed about 115 gallons. I posted all the batches in another thread. might move it over here too.

I'm brewing up one last batch for 2005 today. A stout--better known as "Bloody Knuckle Stout". Hopefully this one turns out decent, as my luck with stouts has been questionable.

I went along pretty much the same schedule as DesertBrew. I did 6 extract batches, loved most of it, but decided to go AG after that. I started on Jan 8th 2005. I love this hobby.

brewsmith said:
... I've gone from extract with specialty grain cooling in the sink with an ice bath to all grain with homemade mash tun and immersion chiller...

Same here! I think a lot of us went this route in 2005! I did a total of eighteen 5-gal. batches - 90 gallons! I'm done for 2005.

But I'll be doing my Trainwhistle Ribbon Cane Porter next weekend and looking at some kind of light German lager - maybe a Dortmunder - to kick of 2006!

First off, the year isn't even over yet...you tryin' to cheat me out of two days? :mad:

Secondly, who says we have to use the Julian calendar? As far as I'm concerned the Chinese calendar is much more appropriate to beer making (for reasons unfanthomable even to myself), so we've got what, another month, until the new year? :confused:

Tertiary, I already told the IRS that my fiscal year runs from 7/1 thru 6/30, so I am legally bound to boycott this poll. :(

Other than that, that's kind of a personal question, don't you think? :drunk:

El Pistolero said:
First off, the year isn't even over yet...you tryin' to cheat me out of two days? :mad:

Secondly, who says we have to use the Julian calendar? As far as I'm concerned the Chinese calendar is much more appropriate to beer making (for reasons unfanthomable even to myself), so we've got what, another month, until the new year? :confused:

Tertiary, I already told the IRS that my fiscal year runs from 7/1 thru 6/30, so I am legally bound to boycott this poll. :(

Other than that, that's kind of a personal question, don't you think?

hhhmmm? i think we found our last option voter ..... :~)

El Pistolero said:
First off, the year isn't even over yet...you tryin' to cheat me out of two days?

Secondly, who says we have to use the Julian calendar? As far as I'm concerned the Chinese calendar is much more appropriate to beer making (for reasons unfanthomable even to myself), so we've got what, another month, until the new year?

Tertiary, I already told the IRS that my fiscal year runs from 7/1 thru 6/30, so I am legally bound to boycott this poll.

Other than that, that's kind of a personal question, don't you think?
Sorry I asked! :D

I started in August 2005, and managed to brew 6 batches (Extract / Extract kit / Extract with speciality grains). The new year will see me brewing my first all grain, hopefully before the start of the Chinese new year. ;)

I started in August or September, and I've done seven batches. Working on #8 tonight. That makes what, 40 gals? I'll have to do better next year.

Denny's Brew said:
I just finished brewing my 100th gallon since I started brewing again at the end of September.

So thats about 100 gallons in three or four months. :drunk:

dude! your a machine! :cross:

16 batches, approximately 80 gallons of beer. I can't say I drank it all, I shared a lot of it with friends, but I'm sure I was the top consumer with around 50% of the stuff going into my belly. "GIT IN MY BELLY!" ;)

Started July 17, and with a buddy we brewed 8 batches for a total of 40 gallons. Looking forward to upping that quantity by quite a lot this year and plan to move to all-grain soon!

Hooray for Beer!!

You guys and this forum have really inspired me, I started homebrewing about 15 years ago with a buddy of mine. We brewed at least once a month until the time kids got older , then I found another love, riding my Harley around the country. This year I have about 40 gals under my belt (no pun intended). Now I am waiting for one more part to come in to fire up my 3 tier AG system and then it's off to the races. Already worked out a deal at a local micro-brewery to help them for grain and whatever else I will need. So maybe I can keep up with some of you BREW MONSTERS!!!

flhrpi said:
You guys and this forum have really inspired me, I started homebrewing about 15 years ago with a buddy of mine. We brewed at least once a month until the time kids got older , then I found another love, riding my Harley around the country. This year I have about 40 gals under my belt (no pun intended). Now I am waiting for one more part to come in to fire up my 3 tier AG system and then it's off to the races. Already worked out a deal at a local micro-brewery to help them for grain and whatever else I will need. So maybe I can keep up with some of you BREW MONSTERS!!!

right on bro! when you get the system done, post a pic for use :cool:

desertBrew said:
And make sure the Harley is parked right next to it :cool:

no harley talk please! i'm still bitter about having to schuck mine due to divorse 2 yrs ago. man she was sweet....'99 Nightrain, Santee Wide Drive swingarm kit, West Coast Choppers 9" Diablo rear fender, Avon Venom 200 rubber, slammed to the ground w/ White Brother's adjust a ride shocks, 12" apes w/ 2.4" risers, 3/8" Super Spoke Wheels, billet axle-mount license plate....
man......:mad:

I feel your pain Brother, mine has turned into my personal therapist. My wife has said she would get another job to keep from selling mine. It's the only thing that keeps me sane in this messed up world....

it was like having to give up a kid! i had a '91 FXR (first bike), then a FLHRPI, my dip-s**t ex had a Heritage we stripped and custom painted, then my Nightrain.
kinda a funny story....when i bought my FXR, i joined H.O.G. two days later i got a call from H.O.G. saying i was the 500,000th member to join. they flew a photographer down for two day photo shoot, and out me on the cover of H.O.G. Tales. then fley me up to Milwaukee for the National Rally, shipped my bike, put us up downtown at the rally. had a blast.

but, now i'm just a homebrewer.........enjoy the scooter for those of us who've lost out!!!!!!!

DeRoux's Broux said:
no harley talk please! i'm still bitter about having to schuck mine due to divorse 2 yrs ago. man she was sweet....'99 Nightrain, Santee Wide Drive swingarm kit, West Coast Choppers 9" Diablo rear fender, Avon Venom 200 rubber, slammed to the ground w/ White Brother's adjust a ride shocks, 12" apes w/ 2.4" risers, 3/8" Super Spoke Wheels, billet axle-mount license plate....
man......:mad:

Ouch. :(

On topic, I don't know exactly, as my computer with all my Promash files took a dump. I hope I'm able to recover them. I think I did 13 or 14 batches, so 65-70 gallons.

Amongst other things, I need to get my brewery put toghther. It's been neglected the past month or so.

Will do, as a matter of fact I will be riding out to Fort Worth this summer to see a buddy of mine. Can't wait, love to get on the back roads and see what it use to be like (can't stand riding interstate).

Sam75 said:
Ouch. :(

On topic, I don't know exactly, as my computer with all my Promash files took a dump. I hope I'm able to recover them. I think I did 13 or 14 batches, so 65-70 gallons.

Private mail me with what happened to your computer. Was it the HArd drive? I know of a tool that might recover it. Can take over night to do it.

Denny's Brew said:
Private mail me with what happened to your computer. Was it the HArd drive? I know of a tool that might recover it. Can take over night to do it.

Actually I've had this happen before. It is something that Windows requires to boot up that is corrupt.

The last time this happened, I was able to run the drive as a slave. I had access to everything. I think I'll be able to do the same with this one. It's just that right now, I have lots of other things going on, and it's low on the priority list.

I think I've tracked the source of the problem down to a voltage issue with my power supply. Since I've been running it, I've had the same problem with another HDD, as well as losing a CPU and motherboard. So, basically, I need to replace my PSU, and install a new master HDD, then hook up my old HDD and retrieve my files.

Not that difficult, as I have planty of spare parts around, but I really don't have time to mess with it now.

If I'm wrong, I'll be getting back to you. :D

I had the exact same problem. \software or \system got corrupted, and would do so once in a while. Usually the night before a project was due ofr college. Grrrrr.

It was the power supply. Seems the wattage rating was wrong because when I had all my hard drives hooked up the voltage was screwy. Power supply was only a year old too!

Though the Windows or "Bill Gates" virus causes it's own problems, that's for sure.

If you boot from a xp CD and choose repair then it will replace your registry. (or one of those dang options during install) Then you can access without slaving. Or you can boot up using ntfs for dos and access from command prompt. Promash files should fit on a floppy or two I would think.

Or stick the drive in a usb or fw case.

Latest posts

Back