Bell's is doing a local tap take over...what should I try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germelli1

Reaction score
So bells is taking over a local pub and since I have never experienced a wide selection of their beers, can you guys who are familiar with them recommend some must-haves?

I have had Two-Hearted, Amber and Kalamazoo.

The Takeover will include many of the flagship beers from this outstanding craft brewer, including Amber Ale, Kalamazoo Stout, Lager, Oarsman, Pale Ale, Porter, Two Hearted Ale, Winter White, Java Stout, Cherry Stout, Special Double Cream Stout, Hopsolution Ale, Hell Hath No Fury and Hoplsam.

http://www.facebook.com/events/301700679886342/

You have to try them ALL of course....silly brewer. ;)

Winter White is worth trying if you like wits. You have to try Hopslam at least once a year, and I really love Hell Hath No Fury (and any other of their strong/old ales and Barleywines.)

You have to try them ALL of course....silly brewer. ;)

Winter White is worth trying if you like wits. You have to try Hopslam at least once a year, and I really love Hell Hath No Fury (and any other of their strong/old ales and Barleywines.)

I am not a huge wit fan, but I highly respect the style. And I am definitely going to attempt to try them all, but depending on how they fix the pricing this may of may not be practical for me!

So my plan is to go in with a priority list and your suggestions are what will form that list.

Thank you for the suggestions!

See if they offer 4oz or 8oz drafts. Last take over I attended the bar did half sizes, except for Hopslam which was from the bottle. If you're going to try hopslam, do it at the end or you can say good bye taste buds.

I like their Best Brown... IMHO, avoid Java Stout unless you like a beer that smells and tastes like a Starbucks dumpster...

expedition is great, the cherry stout was worth the try...oracle, and oarsman were also damn tasty

just had a takeover near us feb 7th...must be out of oracle & expedition

btw, the oarsman was a fantastically refreshing berliner weiss

Better like IPAs and/or tons of hops, if you go for Hopslam. I tried some, and it was like getting slapped in the face with hops! Now, I'm not much of a hop guy. But this was seriously over-the-top hoppy! Worth a sip, anyway, to at least try it.

Back