Show us your pump and plate chiller set up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavdowg

Reaction score
I've recently incorporated a March pump and plate chiller into by brewing setup but I'd like to build a sort of "pump/chilling" station that holds it all together nicely. Right now my pump and chiller just sit in-line on my garage floor while I'm chilling. I'd love to see how others have built a little pump/plate chiller stand or gizmo to inspire me with ideas to get this stuff off the garage floor.

Chill plate and dual head march

IMG_20110306_160205.jpg

IMG_20110306_160220.jpg

revised_brewery.jpg

Crappy picture, but it's what I have on hand. (Far right side) The process involved is drained from the BK through the pump to the plate chiller. Out of the plate chiller is a Tee junction that has ball valves on either side. One goes back to the BK in a whirlpool line, the other side of the Tee goes to the Oxygen stone and a line to the fermentor.

John Beere,

That's pretty sweet! Are you concerned at all about getting fluid into your March pump as everything is so close together?

John Beere,

That's pretty sweet! Are you concerned at all about getting fluid into your March pump as everything is so close together?

I would hope he gets fluid into the pump... Otherwise, how would it pump? :drunk:

Being a follower of John's previous threads, I assume everything was tested to be absolutely water tight, a few times over, prior to any actual use...

:mug:

Back