• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Expired Yeast-Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wup

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Way back when I was brewing me and a couple "internet friends" agreed to do a small group buy on dry yeast out of the US, unfortunately the buy fell apart and I had to stop brewing and got stuck with the yeast. Wondering if any of you guys would be interested in it cheap. I'm sure it would be fine, especially if you were making a starter. Anyways, what I have w/ asking price:

$0.25/pack

3 x Safale S-04 Exp 01/2010
3 x Safale US-05 Exp 01/2010

$0.50/pack

17 x Safale S-04 Exp 04/2010
30 x Safale S-33 Exp 04/2010

$0.75/pack

30 x Safale US-05 Exp 12/2010
18 x Nottingham Exp 08/2010

Anyways, I'm not hoping to make $$ off of this but it would be nice to recoup some of my losses and maybe get enough cash for a batch or two and hopefully start brewing again. Anyways, if you are interested in any please send me a message or post here and we can work something out. Would be more then happy to work out some sort of bulk deal if you took a large chunk of it.

Cheers

I guess I should have wrote it in the post to make it clear. I would like to only ship these within Canada, not entirely sure what would be needed to ship to the US in way of customs form and the cost of shipping might not be worth it.

I think you can just drop a few in an regular envelope & don't deal with customs.
U.S.A. Up to 30g, $1.03
Over 30g- up to 50g, $1.25

If you want to mail to the US-- I will take a few S-04s and a few US-05s [however many can fit in an envelope].

I think you can just drop a few in an regular envelope & don't deal with customs.
U.S.A. Up to 30g, $1.03
Over 30g- up to 50g, $1.25

If you want to mail to the US-- I will take a few S-04s and a few US-05s [however many can fit in an envelope].

That's my take as well. Still up for the amounts listed above. I'll shoot you a pm to get the paypal address.

Hi guys.

I talked to a person at the post office today. She said that shipping "food" related products is a big no-no anymore with the FDA. She also said those rates are for letters and would need to use small package ground/air option for shipping merchandise. So it looks like shipping to the US is pretty much out of the question.

Sorry.

If I were sending them, the FDA would never have the foggiest idea I did so. Which is as it should be. But thanks for checking.

^^^^ correct, yeast is neither a plant or animal. Nor is it even alive in it's dried state. You can fit at least 2 packs in a letter rate envelope.

Back