Brew stand build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcray

Reaction score
I don't have the capability or ability to weld, so I enlisted the help of my dad in building a brewing rig. I'll have to drive from Lubbock to San Antonio to pick it up, but it'll be worth it.

I wanted it to be gravity fed, all the way to the fermenter. That meant a pretty tall stand but I'm cool with that. He even included hooks for hanging utensils and a little shelf. Thought I'd show off his excellent handiwork. I have yet to get a total cost from him, but it should be around $250. Pretty good deal. Thanks, Dad! :mug:

This is a video he made of him testing out the plumbing after getting it all in place. Burners are on the top and bottom and can be controlled independently. Cooler mash tun in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is VERY NICE! just a couple of questions though...1.What is the coating? If it is powder coated, the research i have done is that powder coating wont handle high temp...like you will experience when the kettles are on. 2. no burner on the mashtun?

If it is powder coated, the research i have done is that powder coating wont handle high temp...

I just had mine powder coated. The coating is rated for 1200 degrees. It is a special high-temp powder, not the standard stuff. I've used it twice so far (1 test run, 1 brew session) and it still looks just fine.

I don't have the capability or ability to weld, so I enlisted the help of my dad in building a brewing rig. I'll have to drive from Lubbock to San Antonio to pick it up, but it'll be worth it.

I wanted it to be gravity fed, all the way to the fermenter. That meant a pretty tall stand but I'm cool with that. He even included hooks for hanging utensils and a little shelf. Thought I'd show off his excellent handiwork. I have yet to get a total cost from him, but it should be around $250. Pretty good deal. Thanks, Dad! :mug:

This is a video he made of him testing out the plumbing after getting it all in place. Burners are on the top and bottom and can be controlled independently. Cooler mash tun in the middle.

Vey nice. But, now ask your Dad to teach you welding skills. Old guys might know more than you think....

That is VERY NICE! just a couple of questions though...1.What is the coating? If it is powder coated, the research i have done is that powder coating wont handle high temp...like you will experience when the kettles are on. 2. no burner on the mashtun?

He is using a cooler

Yea very nice. I would like to see that thing upclose one day. Are you part of the Lubbock Ale-ians? I am in Amarillo. Howdy neighbor!

That is awesome! The only thing I would change is, you should have driven to San Antonio ahead of time and built it with your pops.. I bet he would have dug it and you would have lernt a thing or two from the ole man.

Anyway.. that is a good looking setup. Simple and straight forward. Its going to make great beer!

Back